Chapter 3: Living, Breathing, Timebomb

Jordan puts me down as we near a town. He collapses on the ground, panting. 

*BOOP* I check my Pipboy, "BigTown," I mutter. I glance up at the beat up houses. They were either falling apart or collapsed, just as any other place in the Capital Wasteland. I look for the entrance to the town, eventually coming to a creaky bridge that leads over 'water' and into BigTown.

I hear shuffling, "HALT!" A man yells, with his rifle aiming at me."Why are you here? Are you another raider, here to take us away and tear our limbs off one by one?"

"Eww that was graphic," Jordan whispers, sticking out his tongue in disgust.

"We come in peace, I'm Cywren and this is Jordan. We're looking for a man James Caster and we hope you could point us in the direction of him" I sigh, thinking of Dad.

The guard signals us over, "Kid, if we had someone that knew, they're either dead or suffering horrible amounts of pain as we speak. The only one 'alive' that would know is Timebomb, but he's in a coma. What's worse is that Red, our town doctor, has been kidnapped. He's kinda weird, but he knows how to take care of himself, so we're hoping he'll be fi-"

"Well, well, if it isn't Cywren Caster! Oh and greetings to you too, Mr. Frye." A man with a demonic voice rumbles politely. I look over to see him bowing.

"Speak of the devil," the guard says, attempting to laugh and smile.

The man had vampire-like pale skin, dusty white hair, and was wearing a dirtied white tuxedo. He had only a dull light gray shoulder pad as armor. I noticed he had dark scars all over him, and a disgruntled face. The tries to smirk at me, but winces because of the battlemarks all over his face. He salutes with two fingers at Jordan, who gasps but salutes back. "I knew this day would come. I'll lead you to Timebomb, I'm sure you two will get along just fine."

Jordan and I exchange a look as we tail behind Red. We stepped inside a house that was made into something that was supposed to resemble a hospital. I gasp when I see him, lying there motionless. "Hello, Timebomb," Red pats the unconscious man on the head.

"What's wrong with him?" Jordan whispers, as if not to wake Timebomb.

"Oh, just the usual, broken clavicles, hurtful breathing, and a ticking timebomb in him," Red chuckles, putting a pair of white gloves on.

"So that man-" I begin.

"Is a living, breathing, timebomb."

A/n: Guys I'm SO sorry this took so long. I'll make up for it, I promise. Be sure to stop by the Interwolves and leave a dare or ask before you go!