Chapter 5 - DestructiveDeath - Masquerade

DestructiveDeath is a ship between Reaper Sans and Error Sans

For those who are not aware Blueberry's name is technically Swap and I will try to refer to him as such

This story takes place shortly after a truce between the balances

Error - Bold + Italics
Reaper - Italics
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swaps pov.

I can't wait for later today, the decorations took Ink forever but it's all worth it for this magnificent masquerade. We all pitched in to set up the event, Ink did decoration, even making a whole building and filling it to the brim with details. Dream designed and distributed the invitations, it really is a good thing printers exist. I, the magnificent sans with the help of a few others, made the food and drink for the night. I just know that this will be the best party ever, it's been getting planed since the truce a few months ago.

We are doing the party as a kind of introduction to each other where we don't know who is who. Dream even made sure in the invitations to say that no one was aloud to know each others costumes, I don't even know what Dream and Inks costumes are. The only people who were aloud to know where the ones designing the costumes, Ink knows what mine and dreams costumes look like cause he made them for us. I don't know who made the costumes for the Bad Sanses but I'm really excited to see all the cool masks.

My mask will be the most wonderful one there of course, I designed it myself so it's perfect. It covers the top of my face and has opaque white mesh over the eyes, the base color is light gray and has baby blue accents. My outfit will be a simple gray suit matching the base color of the mask. Tragically I am apart of the judges for the costume contest and can't participate. (side note you can come up with whatever you want for the undescribed masks)

The party starts in one hour

Errors pov.
Finally done, making masks is way more difficult then you think, no wonder they cost so much. The placement and detail is just plain time consuming. Reaper better be grateful I didn't just rip the feathers off him for the design. His took the longest, the mask is black and grey with feather's going off the sides and it covers half the face including the nose. The most complicated part was the lacing along the edges.

My mask is simpler, it's royal blue with heterochromatic eyes in yellow and red and covers my whole face because the strings are too obvious. (We are going to ignore the fact that he's like the only black skeleton ever) Felt is way harder to coat a mask in then you think the layers get all messed up. It's just a nightmare.

"..Aannd done" I say to Reaper who's been sitting with me on the beanbag.

"Looks great Err, can't wait for later"

"Course you can't, nobody really hates you, and how come your costumes so obvious. The bird guy doesn't keep a scythe on his back"

"Psshhh, no one will know promise"

"You say thanks but we both know it's not true"

" I don't mind getting recognized, even if I do we can still have fun, The Reaper and his mysterious company, it'll be exciting"

"Yeah I guess so, the looks on their faces will be pretty funny seeing as I can touch you"

"Now your getting it, let me see my mask" Reaper made grabby hands towards me.

" Okay, okay here better like it though"