Chapter 16

Amos

The running through the skies went on tireless and their tracker didn't seem slowing down, even if, soon or later they should have stopped. Amos knew really well that murderous fury after them, but he didn't want to inform Clara, at least for the moment, since that for once this hatred for him was "completely" unmotivated. While he was coming up with a plan to get rid of him, Clara pulled a strand of him, offending him in the meanwhile.

<<Can I know for what reason that raving lunatic wants you dead? Even knowing you just a little, I imagine he has his own good reasons, but for God' sake, what the Hell does it have to do it with me?!>>

<<Hey, just to be clear that fool wants to kill me for the wrong reasons. I think I am guilty of something I haven't done!>>

<<Oh right, at the end you are such a pure soul so how can he mistrust you?!>> She asked sarcastically.

<<Listen, it's better to leave the explanations for when we will have gotten rid of him, also because, if you don't know it, you are not a feather!>> He told her, regretting it just a second after!

<<Like if putting my life at risk wasn't enough, now you venture defining me as fat! This is really too much, stop right now, I will talk to your old "friend" and I'll settle this for once.>>

Despite her good intentions, the beautiful and furious blond guy didn't seem friendly to have a chat with them!

<<I don't think this is the right moment for bon ton, but if you really want it, please, go ahead.>> He told, stopping for a moment being her shell, allowing her to see with her own eyes the golden thunderbolts getting closer and closer to them.

<<Ok, maybe and I repeat maybe, you could be right. So, which is b plan?>> She asked hopeful.

<<To face him.>>

<<My idea would avoid useless bloodshed. Listen, I would like to experience a lot of other things among which there is not dying here...>> By now she was completely panicked so Amos did the only thing that came to his mind: kissing her.

Clara was caught off guard even because she would have expected everything from him, except that such a passionate kiss. When he moved away, she almost felt pain and it was the same for Amos too, even if both of them pretended shamelessly.

<<Forgive me, but it was the only way to stop a river in flood like you or you would have definitely made me deaf.>> He explained.

<<Next time, find another way. I am not used to kiss people from other worlds or dimensions. It's ok being open minded, but there's a limit!>> She answered, goofy trying to hide her embarrassment.

<<It wasn't nothing special for me either, don't worry. Anyway, you don't have to worry for the other question.>>

The girl looked at him, bewildered.

<<I mean that I won't allow that someone put an end to your dreams of glory, no one of us will die today, I swear it.>> He finished, winking at her.

<<Hey, do you want a fair fight? You will have it, but before it, you must listen to all I have to say and then, if you still wanted have it anyway, I will accept it. I just have a unique condition.>>

<<I have no intention to listen to no one of your lies, damn bastard. Thanks to you, many of my friends and other innocents have been killed. I have been waiting for this day for a century and nothing and no one will stop me from avenging them sending you to Hell, the only place worthy of you.>>

Realized there was no way to find a compromise, he looked for the nearer place to land and to safeguard Clara. With her in his arms he was too much disadvantaged and they would have died.

Once landed, he told her to hide in the woods, but she didn't agree.

<<Don't try it, I am your trump card. For as much as he can be furious, I am sure he would never kill a defenseless girl.>>

<<Hey, have you already forgotten that just a few seconds ago he told he would have gotten rid of you too just for the fact you are with me?>> Amos asked shocked by the young woman's recklessness.

<<I can't explain the reason, but I feel that he would never harm me. Let me try.>> The dragon didn't manage to answer that she was already venturing into the "wolf jaws".

<<Clara, damn it, come back immediately.>> By now they were on the spot. If he was alone, he would have avoided it, but he wasn't no more responsible just for himself. He had to transform into his dragon from. He was about to do it when the girl headed to their opponent.

<<I've known a lot of fools, but never someone like her. Stop idiot, it's not a problem of yours. You'll get yourself killed.>>

<<Hey, I am really done with you. As it wasn't enough waking me up in the middle of the night, threatening of killing us in the worst ways, you do dare not giving me the benefit of doubt either. You don't even know me and you would kill me in the name of what you define as justice. I think your friends wouldn't be proud seeing you killing innocents. And, just for the records, you don't have any proof that he is the culprit. Ok, we do agree he is not a plaster saint, but I am sure that he is not the "bloodthirsty monster" you are looking for. He paid for a crime which was no responsible for.>> She declared.

Elijah, the blond one, was speechless, so much that his sword dropped from his hand, falling on the fresh ground. The crisp air of the night was the only audible noise. Amos was equally shocked.

Clara decided that it was the moment to act, dragging the adventure companion to the new acquaintance. But just touching his hand, her mind was traversed by a sort of vision. She saw marvelous winged beings fighting. it was a mess, but she managed to see the most important thing, Amos trying to stop the battle! After it, the vision disappeared, leaving the girl dazed.

<<Well, I don't know how, but I can prove you his innocence, at least for it!>> She pointed out.

<<Come on, give me your hand, I want to show you what has really happened. Maybe you can understand something more than me!>> She didn't understand how, but Clara managed to share her vision with him.

<<It's impossible.>> It was the only thing he said.

<<Yeah, it's crazy. I haven't been in this crazy world that long and I have already discovered that I can easily break chains with golden beams and to have visions. Is it crazy, right?>>

<<This could be just a set - up, how can I believe you?>>

<<Join with us.>> The girl suggested like it was the most natural thing in the world.

<<Excuse me?>> The blond and the dark – haired asked at the same time.

<<We do have an important mission to accomplish and since you have self – proclaimed yourself as a vigilant, I think you don't mind helping us saving your world. You will see that we are not lying.>>

<<Agreed, but I want you to know that in case your words weren't truthful, I will unmask your deception, I can assure you.>>

"Well, things are getting ever and ever more interesting!" The girl sadly realized by now with two bulls in one pen!