22 | Wow

I probably fucked up

I probably fucked up. I'm not sure how, but since I usually do, it's a solid guess.

If you asked me what happened, I couldn't tell you. I was in my happy place, giving Teags the time of her life, looking at me like she used to. Then, in a second, she went back to hating me. All because of Jeremy. Maybe he was the one who fucked up. He definitely fucked it up for me.

After I left her apartment, my dick felt bruised, my balls were empty as hell, but I still had a semi in the shower. It's impossible to watch her let herself unravel for me and not spend the rest of my time wanting to do it again.

Oof. I need to focus.

I put another fork of my microwave meal into my mouth, pretending it's takeout. Sitting cross-legged on the floor by my coffee table, I stare at my laptop screen. Just a few minutes with Teagan's spreadsheet and I know how much I'll be able to swing for the month. She's crazy, but no one can say she isn't smart as hell.

This budget situation will not work out well for me, especially during the summer when the guys want to act like high rollers everywhere we go. I remember the last time we went HAM at the club. The receipt in my pocket the next morning was something around eight grand. I doubt Vegas will be any different. At least I have access to my savings again and two weeks to add to it. Maybe I'll learn how to not blow eight grand in the meantime.

As I close the spreadsheet to get ready for work, my calendar stays up. The next thing on it is my extra shift on Friday, but nothing after it.

I stare at it, hoping I missed something from Teagan or accidentally deleted her invite. But there's nothing. "Oh, no. Please, no."

I whip out my phone and start typing a message, but stop myself. No phrasing other than "are we not fucking this week" comes to my mind, so I delete the text and call her instead.

It rings a few times while I hold my breath. Finally, she answers. "Why are you calling me?"

Lovely. "I don't have a calendar invite from you. Are we not meeting up tonight?"

"Wow, you actually looked at your calendar?"

"Yeah, look at me. I'm learning. Are we fucking or not?"

She sighs. "Yeah. Sorry, I've been wrapped up in this shit with Jeremy."

"Is he going to snitch?"

"Not if I give into his demands."

I chuckle. "We're negotiating with terrorists now?"

"He's moving in with Chet. And now he doesn't want to go to any of Ryan's events."

"Breaking a schedule and bailing on you? I'm surprised your head hasn't popped off."

"If you fuck anything else up for me, it might."

"Well . . . I've been meaning to talk to you."

There's a short pause, then the call ends. I cackle and call her back. She answers without a word.