Chapter 4

Harry

I was so nervous about tonight. Mostly because I wanted to make a good impression. After just meeting Annalise once, I felt so drawn to her and wanted a chance with her.

"You going somewhere mate? Thought you would be so tired that bed would be the only place you would go," Louis said when he saw me heading for the door.

"Yes, well, I have a date with Annalise."

"Ah, the lovely lady you can't stop talking about?"

"Yes, that's her. I'm going to take her for a movie and dinner. That's good for a first date, yeah?"

"Sounds like a plan to me. Have fun, Harry. Don't stress so much, just be yourself!" Patting me on the shoulder Louis walked off, and I headed out the door.

On the way to Annalise's house, I began to feel really excited to see her again. I had thought when she told me how busy she was, she was trying to blow me off, but she wasn't.

What is it about this girl? She has me tied up in nervous knots. I hope I don't stutter my way through the night because of it.

Pulling up in her driveway I got out, walked to the door, and knocked. When the door opened, Annalise greeted me with a smile and all I could do was stare. She was so beautiful. "You look lovely tonight, Annalise. Are you ready to go?"

"Thank you, and yes I am." Turning to look over her shoulder, she raised her voice a little and said, "Mom I'm leaving now, be back after a while." She then stepped outside and as she closed the door, said, "Let's go."

I opened and closed the car door for her before walking around and getting in. As I started the car I asked, "I thought we would see a movie first, if that's all right?"

"Sounds good to me," Annalise agreed as she gave me a smile.

Her smile melted me, and I couldn't help but smile back, all my nervousness was gone.

#

When the movie was over and we headed out I asked, "How does pizza sound for dinner?"

"You are a man after my own heart, I absolutely love pizza," Annalise answered. "In fact, I think there is a pizza place down the block."

"Yes, there is. Would you like to walk there?"

Annalise nodded.

"Annalise?" When she glanced over at me, I asked, "May I hold your hand while we walk?"

Annalise didn't answer, she just smiled broadly before slipping her hand into mine. Her hand was so small and soft, yet it fits into mine perfectly.

We arrived at the restaurant all too soon, and I had to let go of her hand to hold open the door.

After we were seated and had ordered we just talked quietly, getting to know each other a little more. I learned she's nineteen, has no brothers or sisters, but has a lot of cousins because even though her dad was an only child, her mum has three brothers and two sisters!

"So, how many cousins do you have altogether?"

"Um, at last count fifteen, I think. I told mom that they were breeding like rabbits! She didn't find it as funny as I did," she told me with a giggle.

Soon our pizza came, and the waitress gave us each a slice on a plate.

"Oh, man, this looks so good," Annalise said lifting her slice to take a bite, then she stopped. Laying it back on her plate she said, "Um, Harry, I think you have a fan."