𝟎𝟒

(a/n; okay i'm adding the extra verse in noel's lament bc it has this hold on me. no slurs though bc i'm not that type of person 🥰)

"what a rush! who's next?!" ocean exclaims, obviously that competitive spirit is still here.

"perhaps now would be a good time to say that whoever is brought back to life, will be brought back by a unanimous vote from each and every member of the choir." karnak says

"what." oceans face turns white

"whoever comes back needs a unanimous vote from the choir." karnak simply states, as if it was obvious.

"but if I would have known that-" ocean starts but karnak is quick to cut her off.

"you wouldn't have called every one of your potential judges a loser, crowing about your superiority in song, culminating in you standing on top of them in a human pyramid?" he eyes begin to glow red as he stares into oceans eyes.

she was just standing there, totally freaked out by this machine.

"that did strike me as an unorthodox strategy!" he finally says,

oceans turns to face us, we're all giving her nasty looks.

"what?" she asks noel

"what?!" he echoes, "you just told her best friend that her greatest achievement will to become an organ donor!" he exclaims

"ocean you're so lucky i've learnt to suppress my impulses, i am about to slap the shit out of you! constance is your BEST FRIEND. and do not even get me started with ricky-"

constance snapped her head to look at me and noel, she looked like she had just heard what ocean had been saying about her.

"i'm usually more of a melody person, less of a lyric person truthfully. organ donor is that what you said?" constance inquires, cutting me off.

"it was in the moment!" ocean tells her, "sorry constance i did mean to-"

"no it's alright! it kinda really super hurt but-" jane interrupts constance

"do you want to know what i find really super hurt?" she asks, constance fakes a smile while she's trembling.

"maybe later thanks!" she squeaks and runs away "sorry!"

"what I did there is exactly what you shouldn't do in this competition. you guys know i love you!" ocean pleads, 

"mischa, I love you!" ocean starts, "i even pretended to believe you actually got good grades without cheating!" 

"i did actually get good grade, y/n help me study!" he yells at her, 

it was true, i did help mischa study from time to time but he had gotten good on his own. the most i had to help him with was an english exam, he ended up getting a 78%. i was so proud of him, i cried.

"i even celebrate your culturally engrained alcoholism... i mean the only reason you're in the choir is because you stole three boxes of communion wine."

"it was my cousin's birthday..." he starts, "in my country it is sacred tradition to take drink on birthday!" he butchered the pronunciation of birthday to make it sound like 'borthday' his accent is quite cute.

"your cousin was in grade four. he had to get his stomach pumped." she says half cheerfully.

"noel, i love you! you challenged my preconceived notion that all gay dudes are fun to be around!" she tells him waving he arms around.

noel looked at her super offended. he also looked like he was trying to restrain himself from calling he a very bad word which i will not be saying.

ginger.