Chapter Thirteen

"Shehnaaz.." Sidharth sighed softly, rubbing the back of his wife's palm softly. She looked up, her eyes filled with tears.

"You need to sleep." Shehnaaz said firmly. "You're exhausted."

Sidharth nodded, "I know. I know that."

Shehnaaz took his hand and led him out of the study, wordlessly her husband, the mafia king followed her. Within minutes, they were in the room and Shehnaaz was unbuttoning his shirt. "My queen.." Sidharth whispered trying to sound teasing, "Don't you think you're going too fast?"

"You're my husband." She answered curtly. "You've had a long night. Mai agar.. yeh nahi kar rahi hoti toh ab tak shaayad mai—"

Sidharth sighed, wrapping his arm around her tiny waist. "I'm fine, love. Kucch nahi hua hai mujhe." He assured her for the millionth time that morning.

Shehnaaz shook her head, tugging at his shirt. Sidharth pulled away from her and pulled the shirt off. He knew his queen was shaken so he let her do anything she wanted. She had confessed her love to him only minutes ago, and before that she had been through a whole night of uncertainty, presumably all alone in that study. He felt horrible for unintentionally putting her through that hell.

"Its not your fault, Sidharth." Shehnaaz sighed, rubbing his shoulder. Sidharth wondered how she could tell what he was thinking. What was his giveaway? "I will choose to go through this again if I have to. Yeh haq sirf mera hai— tumhaare liye raatein jaagne ka, tumse pyaar karne ka, tumhaare liye pareshaan hone ka."

Sidharth smiled. "You're right."

"Chalo, ab so jaao." She whispered gently, pushing him on the bed. "Mai baaki sab ko dekh kar aati hoon."

Sidharth smiled, feeling a surge of affection for the woman. She was absolutely perfect for him.

"Baaki sab theek hain, Shehnaaz. Rehaan and the others are with them. Tum bhi raat se nahi soyi ho. You must be tired." He said softly.

Shehnaaz didn't look convinced but Sidharth pulled her next to himself on the bed. "They're fine."

Shehnaaz looked at him with a small pout. Sidharth tucked her hair behind her ear and kissed her forehead fondly. "They're fine, my love." He repeated.

Shehnaaz leaned against him, closing her eyes. Sidharth closed his arms around her. "Tell me to move away if—"

"Never in my life." He said firmly.

Shehnaaz nuzzled his chest. "I love you."

She didn't know what had changed but it had. Everything was different now. She was in love with the devil and she liked it. She wanted it with all of her heart.

Sidharth smiled at her confession and held her tighter.

This is all he wanted, to see her safe and happy. He would never deny the fact that he was a bit of a selfish man but who in the world wouldn't be, if they had the power to procure their happiness by the means of their selfish actions. He was selfish, but only for her because she was his happiness.

***