2• Lollipop

For a fleeting second, she remembered her previous idea of injuring this man to get advantage and leave this place. In this exact moment, with the closeness shared it would have been easier to reach for the blade kept beneath her pillow and swing at him, yet she felt too weak from hunger and exhaustion to even attempt that, it would just made Shigaraki become more defensive and it would reduce her opportunities to escape. It was definitely not a smart move to make at the moment, perhaps later on.

Her mind was now focusing on the overwhelming sweet taste flooding her mouth and the way his crimson irises halfway hid behind those low eyelids. She could feel his breathing, it was calming, warm and his eyes would never leave hers. How could this feel so intimate ? It wasn't right, it definitely wasn't.

After a while, the lollipop was slowly drawn out of her mouth.

" Stick your tongue out. "

It didn't take a second for her to obey, but why ?

" It's all red now. "

Before she could ask anything, he was sticking the sweet treat into his mouth and it did something to her, it made her swallow thickly once again but for different reasons this time.

Her captor slowly stood up again, turning to leave the room, not without reminding her to eat her food before going to sleep tonight.

Even after the door clicked closed again, she was left there, swimming in her thoughts and bothered by the warmth reaching her face now. Why did he do that ? Was that on purpose ? And why it seemed like he was smiling when he said her tongue was all red ? It flustered her the way he asked to stick her tongue out and even more how embarrassingly compliant she was with the order.

It took her a long while to swim out of those thoughts before being able to eat the now cold dinner on the nightstand and even then her stomach felt like it was in knots but at least that feeling was better than the previous nauseousness.

That night it felt a bit easier to fall asleep and she could finally feel like she was restoring some energy.

The knocking on the door woke her up, the familiar voice right out of her bedroom asking her to get ready in ten minutes just like he did the past two mornings since she arrived. As she began to get ready, her throat began closing in when thinking she was probably going to witness more gruesome scenes and wet her hands in warm blood while trying to heal the wound, the mere thought made her want to throw up first thing in the morning but she tried to keep her dinner from last night in.

With her hair still wet and some droplets falling on her cheeks and t-shirt, she hurried to the usual meeting spot but there was no third party, it was just her captor standing there, no hands on him, no hand covering his face again.

His features were even more visible during the day, his skin looking dry and his eyes tired as per usual, hands resting on the pockets of his pants as he approached her.

" Didn't dry your hair ? "

" It was getting late. "

The response made him hum in thought, ordering a simple ' stay ' before leaving the warehouse as if she was some sort of trained dog. She probably should feel offended but it felt easy to comply to his commands. Once he returned with a small towel, the pale-blue haired one stood right in front of her, reaching around her head to squeeze her hair with the towel, patting it at the top while staring at his own actions with his ever serious expression.

Was he... Drying her hair ? Was this the same person who forced her to heal a stab wound he just caused ? And again, he was too close, enough to feel his breathing again and just because of the calmness it brought, she allowed herself to close eyes for a moment.

" Are you going to be good and eat today ? "

His question made the little hairs on her nape stand on end. He was asking her... If she was going to be good and it made her stomach twist with such an odd feeling.

" Yes. "

This time her voice was almost too quiet to hear, only giving him an excuse to lean into her ear to murmur there. " I couldn't hear you. " Which only caused her heartbeat to skyrocket when hearing him so close, only to reply with a pathetic shaky but louder.

" Y-yes. "

Yet if this wasn't embarrassing and strange enough yet, the way he used the same proximity to her ear to mutter a " Good girl " this time made her face burn like she was experiencing the worst fever in her life, making her face turn away to avoid his breath fanning on her ear and her hands clumsily trying to hold the towel instead of him.