Chap. 10

I woke up on the floor.
"Huh? Why am I on the floor.." last nights events came rushing back to me and I sighed "oh, right."
I got up and looked at the clock. 12:00 am.
Great. I doubt I'll be able to fall back asleep.
I groan and get up, opening my door and running into something- someone? It was warm. And red.
...AND RED?!
I jumped back to see Alastor staring down at me, with a mildly amused mildly irritated smile.
"Lord! Alastor im so sorry i didn't see you!"
He just chuckled, seemingly liking my panicked state. "Its quite alright dearie!" He laughed his usual recorded laugh track.
"So...what did you need?"
He smiled thinly. That made me nervous.
"Id like to make a deal with you."
Now I was DEFINITELY nervous.
"A deal..? Charlie said-"
He cut me off.
"Yes yes I know. However this is a different kind of deal." I sighed, knowing I couldn't fight him.
"Fine. Whats the deal?"
He grinned wider. Is that even possible??
"Deal is you pretend to be my...partner. And I'll protect you from the dangers of hell."
I stared at him. What? Me? His partner?
"...why?"
"Simple my dear! You see Vox doesn't have a partner, and if an overlord dates another overlord they both become more powerful."
Oh..for some reason that hurts. I guess it makes sense, who would like me like that? Definitely not the radio demon.
"Fine, deal. But im setting some rules."
Alastor raised an eyebrow.
"Go ahead." He basically growled.
"Rule 1, no kissing. Like on the lips.
Rule 2, try not to make me uncomfortable.
Thats it." He sighed.
"Alright dearie that shouldn't be a problem! Do we have a deal?"
I stuck my hand out.
"We have a deal."
We shook hands, a bright ass green glow Emerged from his hand and I felt a shock.
I yelped and jumped back "OW"
He chuckled.

~time skip brought to you by author~

I followed Alastor outside, everyone on our path scurrying away. It was kind of..nice.
Alastor hummed as we walked to...the castle?!
Oh right theres a overlord meeting. Im not used to being one yet I guess. We sat down in our respective chairs as Lucifer talked.
"...and that concludes our meeting portion. Stay if youd like for the after party." I looked to Alastor and he nodded signaling we were gonna be here a while.