Knight in Shining Armor Pt. 2

The ending was super cringe but please bare with me I kinda rushed cause I still have homework to finish hehe but this was fun to write. :)

Word Count 938

Blinking slowly and trying my best to adjust my vision to the dimly lit quinjet I swung my legs over the cyro chamber and slouched over with the worst posture known to man. With my elbows pressed into my knees, I forced myself to walk on half-asleep legs towards the cock pit where Enoch and Fitz were mumbling various action plans to get our team out of the post-apocalyptic lighthouse ruled by the infamous blue Kree aliens.

"Oh good you're awake (Y/n) I think we have a stable plan to save the team" The Scottish man beamed a quick smile as the chronicom briefly caught you up to speed.

"You are now Likonad a respected bounty hunter traveling the cosmos for space treasure." Enoch proudly explained his dreams of clandestine fantasy coming true.

"So I'm a space ... pirate?" The words felt awkward as they left my mouth maybe because my vocal cords haven't been used in 74 years. Or you were just really thirsty.

"Do we get to have cool costumes at least" Turning to Fitz for a reaction but he only let his head fall into his hands.

Before he sighed exhaustedly  "Wait until you see the brooch"

- - - - - -

Walking into the large meeting room with the helpful escort of Enoch and his messy attempt of blending in as a fellow Kree guard. Silently laughing to myself as I wiped some of the cheap sky-blue face paint off his jacket collar.

And shrank under the feeling of many eyes burning holes in your trio. You all did your best to focus on the task at hand and save your girls no matter what could possibly get in your way.

"Welcome our new guests everyone the marauder accomplished mercenaries Boshtok and his sister bounty hunter Likonad."

Turning to the source of the voice a frail blue man draped in a tacky leather suit stood at the head of the extravagantly decorated table sprinkled with various alien cuisine that made your stomach feel queasy.

"Please feel free to mingle everyone the dinner will soon be started" And with two claps of his hands everyone had begun to start chit-chat amongst each other.

While Fitz had scurried off to talk to Jemma it only grew my anxiety to see Daisy again interlocking arms with Enoch I forced him to help me conversate amongst the party guests as he would explain the different alien cultures and customs as I tried my best to socialize.

"A Terran harvest awaits my children" Kassius exclaimed giddily holding his position at the head of the table and waited for everyone to find their respective seats sitting in between Fitz and Enoch did help calm my nerves a bit.

As the servants brought out several dishes and drinks for the guests. I couldn't help but reminisce on the time I had spent with Fitz and Enoch our journey to space has been anything but easy I just hope it was all worth it. As I kept to myself pushing around the Xandarian snails stagnantly.

The conversation between Kassius and his companion wearing extravagantly colored outfits that hardly matched has erupted my train of thought.

"Likonad was it? You have yet to eat your snail perhaps a woman of your fastidious taste demands only for the best quality". Letting out a manufactured laugh to hopefully give him the hint to leave me alone. It only seemed to intrigue him more as he flashed a disturbing smile.

"When the fighting begins I'll be sure to save you seat right next to me" His breath was rank, to say the least even from across the table I wished the candles that were scattered across the room were scented.

"Oh I am very flattered but are you sure there may not be enough room for my brother and guard?" There is no way I would willingly sit next to this creep.

"I'm positive Boshtok can handle his own right" forcibly shoving Fitz's shoulder he let out a loud laugh and licked his lips before he continued with his next sentence. "Besides a pretty lady like you shouldn't be sitting alone by herself"

Simply giving him a thin-lipped smile as I wished to disappear off the face of the universe. Pitifully taking a seat next to the unsettling man as Kassius had announced the names of the next two opponents ready to duel to the death.

"Quake, the Destroyer of Worlds versus my very own right-hand general Sinara!"

Quickly leaping out of my chair I rushed to the front of the row with Fitz as we realized Daisy was really alive and safe. Blinking away the tears that had threatened to spill and silently cheered for Daisy's victory. Watching nervously as the two women struck each other brutally with blow after blow Dasi was finally victorious giving you, Jemma, and Fitz the opportunity to strike using the night night gun I was able to put a couple of the members within the crowd to sleep while Fitz disabled the forcefield barrier and jumped off the railing into the arena with me and Jem following him right after.

And ran straight for Dasiy almost knocking us over as I pulled her into the biggest hug.

After a while I finally pulled away and carefully examined her face she was a little pale from the last time I could remember being with her in the diner most likely from the lack of vitamin d. Brushing my thumb over her bruised cheek gently I heard her softly whisper

"My knight in shining armor I missed you."