Come Back to Me Pt 2

Hiii guys here part two sorry if its cringe i dont know how to write angst its literally 3 am and my brain is mush 

The days seemed to mush together it was hard to think properly in spite of the pain my body was currently fighting in addition to the several tactics Ward and Kiera were constantly implementing as a way to break my silence. I had never truly felt this weak during my time at the academy they never gave a course about dealing with torture from mentally deranged traitors.

Will I ever see Skye again? The question often bubbled over in my mind it was the only thing keeping me sane. With the counts of dehydration, off-and-on sleep deprivation, and starvation I was on the brink of giving up. Will I ever see my team again why can't I do this? I don't want to die here but I can't even move. Everything hurts it's all just so much.

I look pathetic bruised and beaten and crying like a bitch in this chair and it was hard to see as my left eye was closed shut probably from an infection.

At the height of my overwhelming breakdown, the couple competing for the spots of Joker and Harley Quinn entered the room. Ward carried a large assault rifle and some kind of tripod I think... it was hard to see with one eye in a dark room.

"Wakey wakey (Y/N)" Kiera vigorously kicked my ankle unamused by my lack of response. She only huffed and skipped back to Ward like an ugly duckling.

"Don't worry baby once we're done here the rescue team that comes for this son of a bitch with die right in front of them. Won't that be a show hmm cheer up"

"Don't was.. Waste your breath." My breaths were short and shallow speaking only made the pain flare up my abdomen area more. "I don't have a re-.." Hesitantly taking a shaky breath of air through my nose I tried to continue. "Recon team"

"Oh, but we sent a distress signal to your base" Kiera gave an attempt at making herself seem almost unimpeachable leaning into Ward's side she continued talking. "They should be here in about.." she quickly looked down at her imaginary watch "seven minutes."

"And when they come looking for your sorry ass the rifle will trigger and shoot the sucker on the other side. This is only your karma for what you did to Kiera, this death will be on you the blood staining your hands forever." Shrugging as of he had just told a lame joke he began to set up the maniacal death trap that was your only form of rescue. Once the trap wires and proper triggers were in place Kiera slipped a dirty rag in my mouth in a tacky excuse for a gag and the couple slipped out of the back door and off to who knows where.

It was quiet for a while it felt like hours until I could hear the faint heavy footsteps of shield agents probably dressed in heavy combat wear.

"(Y/N)? Mate where are you?"

You couldn't believe your ears Hunter I had never been happier to hear the English man. But the rifle was still going to trigger the knob if he walked in it could just kill him. Struggling against the bodily pain and my restraints I managed the tilt in front of the gun in hopes of shielding him from harm. Just as I did the knob twisted as he entered the room the impact from the bullet entered my shoulder and left a gaping exit wound through my chest as blood splattered across the room.

"Mate what did they do to you" He fumbled over to the chair and immediately began to work on removing the restraints.

"Hey stay with me (Y/N)" The cracks in his voice made it hard to believe I was going to make it. It was hard to stay focused as my vision faded in and out from black I remember hearing May say something about a medical team I don't really remember the rest.

Now I'm awake but I can't move my body as if I'm trapped in ice or quicksand I can hear my heart monitor and the other doctory machines and suddenly I feel a hand softly trace shapes onto the crooked and bruised joints of my hand. 

A small hiccup was only voiced by the faceless individual keeping me company. 

And then a few hushed sniffles. 

"H- Hey (Y/N) it's me Skye or Daisy now." I heard her take a wobbly breath before trying to compose herself and continue. She fumbled with my fingers gently tugging at my fingertips anxiously. 

"I've never been this scared before. And I just want you to be okay when I first saw the med team bring you on the gurney." I heard a slight shift of weight as she was most likely hunched over beside my bed her free hand covering her mouth in an attempt to silence her weeping.

"Please come back to me... I don't know how to deal with the loss of another person Trip is gone." Her shaky hands gripped the fabric of my hospital gown a hopeless endeavor to revive me into a conscious state. 

"I'm so sorry I couldn't be there to protect you. I wanted to make sure the team had the advantage of survival by leaving with Ward please come back to me-" the stab of a twinge in her voice made my heart sink. 

I was okay but she just doesn't know it. A slight twitch in my hand and then two I could awkwardly flex my joints and try to do the same throughout my body I could feel my eyelids spasm slightly and regain my sight.

Blinking slowly I took in my surroundings my lovely Skye or Daisy I mean.

Her hair was in a messy ponytail and she had slight eye bags from the worrisome sleepless nights waiting on my recovery. 

"I will always find my way back to you."