04. Costly

PARDON THE MISTAKES <3

There were many shelves and tables that were lined with makeup. There were many beautiful women awaiting to help their customers. I had no knowledge whatsoever when it came to makeup. Uncle always avoided this part of the mall, he said that it was irrelevant.

Everything in that part of the mall was like a breath of fresh air. But everything on the shelves and the display table were so foreign to me.

"There's my inseparable little pair" a familiar, gentle voice called, It was Eileen, Tony's amazing mother. She smiled and gave us both a big hug "What can I do for you today?" She smiled.

"U-umm. Y-You see...-" I stuttered. I fiddled with my jacket sleeve then Tony butted in. "Allisson is reaching womanhood and she needs to look alive and not like a walking dead cast member"

Eileen chuckled and held my hand. "Well my dear, You're already naturally beautiful but you're also going through puberty. You're young but you're old enough to wear makeup but you don't need much. Come with me and I'll teach you the basics. Millicent!" She called.

Millicent was Eileen's demonstration model. She was a very sweet and kind girl. She had curly blonde hair and the figure of a model. She was absolutely gorgeous.

Eileen, with the help of Millicent, taught me how to conceal my imperfections. She said not to over do it and use it where I need it most, in my case it's the area around my eyes, the small patches of acne on my forehead, cheeks and chin.

She then taught me to fill in my brows, she said only ever use a powder. Afterwards she taught me how to use other stuff like mascara, blush and powder. But she also taught me how to use the most scariest torture device ever, an eyelash curler.

"Now a lot of girls your age wear a lot more than this but I want you to keep it real and natural Allisson, don't you dare cover up that beautiful face" she warned as she gave me a kiss on my forehead.

"I won't I promise" I smiled up at her and she pulled me into a hug. "Hey I want a hug too" Tony pouted like a little child and squeezed between me and Eileen.

We laughed at Tony's childish behaviour and it was finally time to go. Eileen added a few more makeup items and said to only wear it when there's a special occasion and bid us farewell before turning her attention to another customer.

I looked down into the shopping bag and despite the confusing cluster of cosmetics. I saw the other bits and pieces that she added: foundation, a huge eyeshadow palette, liquid and pencil eyeliner and a palette thingy that had a lot of pink and brown shades.

Now I know what you're thinking, do I even know how to use all that? Well, a little bit. Eileen demonstrated it to me on Millicent too.

"One last stop and we'll go get some pizza" Tony smiled down at me as he held the shopping bags for me. We went to the pharmacy and gave a woman the list of things I needed for my skin and hair and in just a flash she came back to us with everything on the list.

Tony took me to the clothing department and bought me some more modernised outfits that were in the latest trends. He also got me a few dressed and skirts and some new shoes because apparently my wardrobe screams hobo.

And he was right. I realised it as soon as I looked into the mirror. I saw how the baggy jeans and jacket, loose T-shirt and running shoes made a huge and bad contrast to my face. I felt more embarrassed than I did earlier on.

When we went to the counter everything amounted more than I anticipated. $567.99 I could feel the colour leaving my cheeks knowing I only had $150.

Just before I was about to say something, Tony gave the cashier $600. He paid for everything. I felt bad. I looked down at my worn out tennis shoes contemplating how I'm gonna pay my best friend back.

Tony pulled me into a hug and gave me a peck on the cheek "Don't look so glum little A. Come on, let's go get some pizza" he smiled down at me as I looked up into his gentle green eyes and nodded.

Tony carried all my shopping bags for me, I was surprised to see how he carried them as if they were nothing. "Stop checking me out" he grinned as he gave me a playful nudge "Im not checking you out you arrogant little.." Realising what I'm about to say, I take deep breaths as we make our way to the car.

After Tony loaded the trunk, we went to a pizzeria and ordered a take out. The drive to my house was quiet and awkward. I felt so embarrassed around him. Tony always had my back and he was always there to save my butt. But I feel so helpless and as much as I don't want to admit it, I depended on him a little too much.

Poor Allisson :'(
Hope you liked this chapter <3
Updates will be coming on quick. School doesn't start till about a few weeks from now. I've got all the time in the world my loves.