02. The Suprise & The Distraction

PARDON THE MISTAKES <3

{Uncle Aaron's POV}
I sighed as I watched her leave the building through the little hole in my curtains. She's growing up so fast, I just.

It's so hard watching her become so independent and mature.

I step away from the window and sat back down on my desk. I grab the enormous pile of fake documents and place them in a box.

Underneath all those purposely-made-fake-documents-to-hide-this-gift-for-Alisson was the letter from the school.

Carefully, I open it up and retrieve the neatly folded up and freshly printed piece of paper.

I unfold it and read the contents.

"Dear Mr. Ericsson,
You're child, Alisson, has been accepted to the NYSC, Senior Campus.

The marks she had gotten from her entrance exam are outstanding

An interview with the principal has already been scheduled.

It'll be held in his office at precisely 5:30 pm this Friday. I recommend that you arrive 10 minutes earlier.

One of our students has kindly volunteered to show her around while you and Mr. Anthony discuss a variety of important matters.

Yours Truly,
Bethany Moore
NYSC Secretary."

I can't believe it.. She got in... My baby girl got in! And all I had to do was to trick Alisson into thinking it was her monthly homeschool exam that I usually get off the internet.

Not bad for a 35 year old cop huh?

This overwhelming feeling of joy just bubbled up inside of me as I burst out my office. "HALLELUJAH MY LITTLE GIRL GOT IN!!" I rejoiced.

At first, everyone in the department shot me a confused look but when they realised what was going on everyone started rejoicing and clapping too.

I decided to bow in Alisson's place, circling my wrist as I bent each time.

She'll love it, I know she will.

{Alisson's POV}

As I made my way across the road, I heard clapping, I turned around and saw faint shadows of people clapping and a muscular figure bowing.

I giggled at the sight, then the piercing noise of a car horn filled my ears.
"GET OFF THE ROAD DUMBASS!" The driver shouted, cocking his head out the window. His face was red from frustration and anger, his brown hair all frazzled up and his eyes.. So bright, so blue. His hand kept honking the horn of his ebony Toyota Prius V.

Probably the most beautiful person I've seen angry.

As much as I wanted to yell back at him, I remembered I was taught to be a young lady and a good example, not a screaming hag. And also because he was just too.. breathtaking to be mad at.

Wait what? Get a grip Allisson!

"I'm really sorry sir" I said as I quickly made my way off the road.

The driver speeded on his way as I watched him disappear into the swarm cars up ahead.

Placing my hand on the door of our local Starbucks, I looked back on the amusing sight in the department.

~Probably uncle being a silly billy~
I thought as I open the door to the local Starbucks (which was adjacent to the NYPD)

"Ayye! It's little A!!" Tony, the barista and my lifelong friend, shouted behind the counter. He gave me a big grin, happiness evident in his marvellous green eyes that accentuated his slightly tanned skin.

All the customers eyes set on me, I chose to ignore them and made my way to the counter.

Me and Tony did our little handshake we've made when we were 5. As our hands slowly parted, his gentle eyes stared into mine "Oreo Frappe M'lady?" He asked, bowing in the process.

"You read my mind, oh kind sir" I giggled as I gave him a little curtsy.

The customers gave us funny looks, I swear I could even hear faint giggles.

"Here you go princess" he smiled as he handed me the cup full of flavourful awesomeness.

I took a sip and wonder filled my mouth as I handed him the proper amount. I used my own, I'm planning on not spending the cash my Uncle gave me until Tony's shift was over. Which was now.

"So.. wanna go on a shopping spree?" I asked. His face beamed "Hell Yea!!"

I laughed as he threw his apron off, jumped over the counter and linked his arm in mine "Let's go clear the shelves!" He exclaimed as he pointed towards the door.