05. New Things For An Old Room

PARDON THE MISTAKES <3

"We're here"
Tony's soothing voice broke the silence. I just nodded, still shocked with the sudden realisation of my so-called "independence"

After opening the front door with my key, I headed straight to my room upstairs and Tony followed with the shopping bags in hand.

My room was huge. I had a built-in closet that only ever consisted of similar clothes to my outfit, next to that I had a queen sized bed that had a baby blue frame that was placed in the corner. It had a pastel pink duvet and an array of a pale pastel yellow and white pillows. My beloved stuffed monkey, Mr. Loopy, rested in the middle.

My wooden desk sat adjacent to my bed and in the middle was my white vanity that was directly facing the window. Eileen said to only ever put makeup on in the lighting you'll be in and since I'm always in natural light, I placed my vanity there.

"Okay, What's wrong" I spun around to see a puffed Tony who was heavily breathing. He dropped the shopping bags and pulled me into a hug. "What's the matter Allisson?"

I nuzzled him "Nothing". He sighed and raised my chin "We'll discuss this later okay? Promise you'll be 100% honest" he stared at me intently. "I promise" I managed to get it out. My chest felt so tight. I felt bad that he always had to save my butt.

"That's my girl" he smiled as he pet my head affectionately. "Now," he exclaimed, clapping his hands together. "Let's get all those in their proper places" he said as he shifted his gaze towards the shopping bags.

************

After what seems like an eternity of organising, everything was finally in place. Tony grabbed my hand and sat me down on the bed. "Now," he was breathing deeply from exhaustion as he inched closer to me. "What's wrong with my little fairy princess?" His bright green eyes stared straight into my soul; it was like he was boring a hole into the walls of my isolated heart. I've never had any friends other than Tony and I don't know what I'd do without him but sometimes I feel like I'm such a huge burden on him.

I took a deep breath and after a few minutes of complete silence I manage to choke it out. "I don't deserve a friend like you" I stared back at him intently as tears threatened to flow. His eyebrows furrowed as he pulled me close and kissed my head "Alli-pie... Dont you ever think like that. You deserve so much more than you think you do" his voice was filled with pity and sorrow.

Gently, he grabbed my chin and rubbed his nose against mine "You're the most amazing friend I could ever have," Tony was tearing up too. We always had this strong connection; an unbreakable bond even. What happens to one, happens to the other. I grew up with him and we've grown to be inseparable.

We moved to the center of the bed and made a nest. We then proceeded to cuddle and soon enough we were asleep. This is what we've always done since we were kids, it's a tradition that we've kept for years.

***

Tony's POV

I woke up to find my childhood friend curled up into a little ball. She looked so divine in her sleep. I smiled at the sight of her dreaming God knows what.

Allisson, behind that mellow exterior, is a fighter. Well... A little trooper considering her height. She's never known her parents and her whole life was isolated between the police department, her father-figure and me and mum.

But despite all she's been through, she still manages to keep her optimism. Im so used to seeing her happy that it breaks my heart seeing her the slightest bit upset. She becomes so vulnerable and sensitive and more kept-to-herself and I don't like that one bit.

It's like some sort of switch flicks inside me that screams "bloody fix it before you go insane with worry and stress".

I sighed as I covered her body with the blanket and stood up to proceed downstairs. Slowly, I close the door; making sure to be as quiet as possible so the sleeping beauty does not awaken.

I trot down the stairs and halfway down I stood in awe. There were balloons, streamers, and a big sign that spelt "SURPRISE" plus a cake and other refreshments.

Finishing my way down, I see little presents of various sizes surrounding a big box that sat in the middle and more festive decorations and food.

"PSSST. TONY! COME DOWN HERE! YOU MUST HIDE!" A soft, familiar voice called. I looked around to see almost Everyone from the police department and my mum hiding in various places.
After looking at the setup and the people in their little temporary dwellings, I finally realised that it was a surprise for Allisson.

~~ Author's note~~

YAAAYYYYYYY!!! MY Chapters are finally decently long!! Wooohhhooo!!! Hope you guys liked this one! Can you guess what the surprise is about?
And no. It's not her B-day. No spoilers!

Much lovee.