Chapter 16: Dinner

I slept with Carter!

He had to go to work, so I decided to go check on my family. They stayed the night, but I know they're flying back home today.

We all had breakfast together and this time Christiano joined us, but he barely said anything.

"Christiano do you maybe want to see my room, Michael helped me decorate it" I offered.

Not answering verbally, he only nodded so I grabbed his hand rushing us out of the room.

I heard Zeus following us so I made sure to leave the door open for him to come in. When the big baby jumped on my bed I sat down next to him watching Christiano explore my room.

"Do they force you to stay here, because you could come home with us we'd protect you"

Laughing at his silliness I wrapped my arms around his waist returning the hug he gave me "I'm safe here".

"Okay, just know you can come home at any time no matter what".

The thought of leaving Carter and Michael made me uneasy, but I'd definitely want to visit them.

I said goodbye to them all, before going on the hunt for Maria.

Michael introduced us so I could finally stop calling her old lady, finding her in the washing room I hid behind the door waiting for her to come closer before jumping out.

She screamed at my action which lead me to burst out laughing.

"Child, you'll give me a heart attack" she breathed out laughing with me.

"I'm sorry, I need your help".

Motioning for me to go on while she folded some clothes, I forgot what I was going to say when she pulled out a large white hoodie that was calling my name.

"Could I see that?" Slipping it on I felt the warmth surround me.

I still had Carter's fluffy socks on, so I decided to keep his hoodie on too, seeing that he hasn't scolded me for taking his socks.

"Would you help me make Carter's favorite dinner?" I got back on track.

"Of course, dear let me just finish up here and I'll help you".

Jumping onto the table I patiently waited for Maria to finish knowing she wouldn't allow me to help her.