Chapter 40: Date

Watching the time passing by while the sun slowly started rising, I ran my fingers through Iris's hair

Her even breaths continued to calm me down while her head rested on my naked chest. I've been thinking about my conversation with Sofia since I came back to our room and yet it still led to one thing.

I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her.

I wanted to wake up and go to sleep knowing she was safely tucked in next to me.

I wanted, no needed her.

Talking in her sleep, Iris kept on mumbling while her hold tightened around me.

I couldn't hear everything she said but the tiny pout forming on her face led me to smile down at my baby girl. She looked adorable.

She's been avoiding me every time she slips into her little space which led me to be irritated at the fact that she didn't trust me enough to be herself around me at all times, which needed to change.

I wanted to make sure she knew that I loved everything about her.

I woke up a few hours ago to Carter playing with my hair.

The memory of what happened yesterday made my heart warm up at Carter's confession.

He loves me.

After breakfast, Carter told me to get dressed because I'd be spending the day with him which I didn't mind. I thought he'd be taking me to work with him but instead, I found out that he took the day off and we were currently parked outside a farm of some sort.

Climbing out of the car he leads me to a big wooden bar painted red with some workers walking around swiftly greeting us when we pass by them.

Looking around, I couldn't contain my excitement when I saw the horses all standing in their stalls.

Squealing I let go of Carter's hand to run up to the nearest stall giggling when the horse lowered its head down pushing me a little.

I've never been this close to them and I've never had the opportunity to pet one so I did exactly that.