Chap. 1 🔥

It was Keigo's first day at the agency he was sent to. To everyone else, this was the day the child prodigy began his ascend to the top. To Keigo, it was a scary new beginning. 8 years old and already praised by millions. He wasn't sure if he wanted that much attention, but he wasn't about to defy his supervisor's word. Too many times did that lead into a screaming match with a few hits here and there. So he stuck to obeying every order thrown at him.

It was, with a lot of excitement, that the little ash blonde boy arrived into a room with other kids around his age. It was all he could do to not run up to every single one of them and start rambling. No, instead, he clutched onto the supervisor lady's hand and backed away a little. A room full of 8-9 year olds is a lot more intimidating than he would've thought.

With a little nudge from the lady and a slam of the door, Keigo was left to face these kids alone. Despite his excitement, he was also a bit apprehensive. What if they didn't like him?With how they were glaring at him, he wasn't sure they would. He glanced around nervously, desperate to find somewhere that wasn't being occupied by someone. Then, he spotted a head of white hair, paying absolutely no attention to him, and made a beeline for that exact person. The others stared wide-eyed, startled by the courage of the newbie.

"Hi! My name's Keigo Takami! What's yours?," the little boy asked, tilting his head to have a good view of the other's face.

"Nunya," the other boy responded in a bored voice.

"Nunya?"

"Nunya business, bird brain," if the kid was trying to insult Keigo, he failed. Said blondie made an unimpressed noise and glared.

"Wooh, real creative with the insults there," he said sarcastically. When he got no answer, he began poking the white-haired kid.

"Can you stop?"

"Not until you tell me your name," Keigo persisted. He continued poking his arm.

"Why do you want to know so bad?"

That was a good question, he had to admit. Why was he so determined? Well, the boy seemed interesting. He also wanted friends, and none of the others looked... approachable, to say the least. But saying that out loud would be slightly rude , would it not? And he didn't want to take any chances with that blue scaly kid staring him down like he was some kind of prey. He shivered at the mere thought of being ripped apart by that guy.

"I don't know, you look cool, I guess," he decided, mostly to remove the vision from his head.

"That's not a real reason."

"What, you want me to tell you I'm actually an undercover spy sent by the government to watch you so I need to know your name?," the winged boy reproached, getting a little annoyed at the other.

"Are you?," the blue-eyed boy challenged.

"No, I'm not a spy. I'm Keigo Takami, an 8 year old who has no idea why he's here, now tell me your name."

"Alright fine. It's..." he paused, adding a dramatic effect.

"It's...?" Keigo was starting to get fed up with this guy.

"Your mom," the other burst out laughing, causing the boy to sigh. He almost gave up.

"Haha, very funny," he said, exasperated, not daring to say anything more just in case he got too emotional. "Okay then, we'll do an easier question."

With that, the white-haired boy's head perked up. Keigo smirked, finding it internally very cute. He shook his head to get rid of whatever thought that was and tried to find a good question to ask an obviously uncooperative little boy.

"Let's start simple. How old are you?" Very easy question, no reason not to answer.

"9."

"Ah cool! You're only a year older than me!," Keigo exclaimed, happy to finally have a concrete answer. He grinned at the boy, seeing a ghost of a smile lingering on his face.

"Alright next! What's your favorite color?"

After a round of questions, all of them to try and coax any hint of this mysterious boy's name, all unsuccessful. Keigo was defeated. He flopped on the floor next to his new acquaintance, and dramatically sighed. He decided to lay there for a while, to try to come up with a new plan, when he started hearing whispers.

"Can you imagine being that dumb...?"

"Why would he go talk to that guy?"

"C'mon guys, he just doesn't know..."

With the winged boy's supernatural hearing, their whispers were useless. They could just be talking at a regular volume and it wouldn't change anything.

"But why would he go for the guy that is obviously the freakiest here?"

That's when he realized they weren't talking about him, but about the boy right next to him. And if he heard any of their words, he was really good at hiding it. Nonetheless, it made Keigo mad. He didn't even know the blue eyed boy's name but he needed to defend him, and he didn't know why.