Chapter One:The Arrival Of An Interesting Kitten.

Harpers POV.

"Girl!, get in here, I've got something for you!".

I hurriedly ran into the living room where my aunt was calling me as I left the kitchen from finishing mopping up the floors.

Ever since I appeared on the doorstep of my aunt, uncle and cousin, I was treated badly and I had to do all of their chores for six years. I'm currently eight and I wished every day that I was taken in by someone else. Unfortunately, my aunt and uncle warned me not to tell anyone or else I'll be punished and my cousin scared everyone who wanted to be my friend off.

"W-what is it aunt Petunia?".

I asked nervously as she carelessly handed me a tiny kitten, the kitten is black and he looked sick and hurt.

"Thats yours, since we are giving Dudley a dog, you might as well have a pet. It's your responsibility and if it dies its your fault. Now back in the cupboard you freak".

I nodded as I rushed back in my cupboard under the stairs with my kitten in hands.

Once I've heard the cupboard door lock, I couldn't help but feel myself smile. Never had I ever thought I was going to recieve a gift in years. I'm happy I've gotten something.

"Hey buddy, are you hungry?, I've got scraps I was saving for myself but I'll give them to you".

I whispered as I reached under my blankets to grab a peice of bread I was hiding and bottled up water. I gave bits of bread to the kitten, who ate what I gave as I gave it water.

After a few minutes of feeding the cat, the cat pushed its paws on the last bit of peice of bread and looked up at me.

"Awe, you want me to eat the last peice of bread?".

Surprisingly, the cat nodded as I smiled and ate the last peice of bread.

"Thank you, let's get some rest".

I sat on the mattress as I wrapped the blanket around my body and held my kitten close to me.

"What should I call you?, hmm, Luke?".

The kitten shook its head sideways.

"Mark?".

Again the kitten shook its head sideways.

"How about Ace?".

The kitten nodded as I smiled happily, taking my nearly broken glasses off as I rest on the mattress, just happy I have a gift.

Narrators POV.

It was the next day and Harper had woken up early, just happy she had gotten a baby kitten and wanting to play with him. The kitten was awake and he was a bit energetic to be playing with his owner. Of course the kitten wasn't sick, no, he just looks sick but Harper wasn't aware so she was determined to help it get better. After all, she loves animals for they understand her better than anyone.

"Get up girl!".

Harper heard yelling from her aunt as she sighed, her kitten wasn't happy about his playtime being interuptted.

"Sorry Ace, I'll be back, stay here and I'll bring some food for you".

Harper had left her cupboard but she was unaware that her kitten Ace was following her towards the kitchen but hid out of sight.

"You better not burn the bacon or the eggs, I want everything perfect for my special Dudders birthday".

Harper nodded at her aunts words as she got to cooking everything perfectly. Her kitten Ace watched in disgust of his owner, HIS familiar, doing everything for her disgusting relatives. In Aces opinion, she shouldn't be doing anything, he ran into the kitchen and nipped on Harpers pants. She looked down and got worried.

"Ace I thought I told you to stay in the cupboard".

Harper reached for Ace as Ace let Harper pick him up as he eyed the bacon that started to burn up.

"Girl!, where's my coffee?!".

Harper became terrified as she saw her uncles coffee wasn't ready and the bacon had burned. Suddenly she heard shouts as she turned around to see the bacon had caught on fire and had erupted into an explosion. The fire caught onto the walls, starting to burn into the wallpaper as it spread across the walls.

"Girl what have you done?!".

Her aunt shrieked as Harper grabbed her kitten and ran to the front door to escape the potential house fire. She could hear screams and shouts as she left the house quite fast with her kitten in hand.

Once she was out in the street, she saw her aunts and uncles house burn before her eyes. All of her neighbors had saw the scene, some had called the fire department as others had tried to calm the fire down using water.

"Sweetie are you okay?".

A neighbour asked Harper, she nodded. She held onto her kitten close as she didn't realize that her kitten was the reason for breathing gas when the bacon caught on fire.

Meanwhile somewhere in Scottland, in an empty office of a school, an instrument that was playing a jazzy song had shattered immediately as all of its peices are on the ground.