Chapter Twenty Three:Longbottom Manor.

Harpers POV.

Once dad and Padfoot came back from my room, they checked on the presents under the tree and found another present laced with a compulsion charm.

"Oh mother magic".

Padfoot cursed under his breath as he used his wand to levitate the present. It looked better than the poorly wrapped present.

"Okay, Harper can you get Ace to scratch the wrapping please?".

I nodded as Ace, who was laying on the floor, stood up on all fours and trotted towards the levitated present. He used his claws and left a huge scratch in the wrapping paper. Dad had grabbed his wand, casted a non verbal spell and yanked what seems to be a cloak out of the wrapping carefully.

"I don't believe it, this is an invisibility cloak".

Dad exclaimed as my godfathers eyes widened, I was curious on the present sent to me.

"No, that's James invisibility cloak, we use to get into lots of mischief with it along with a map we invented".

Padfoot told us as I became shocked, he levitate the wrapping paper in the bin as he used the wand to examine for charms. Turns out there are hate, mischief and a location charm on it.

"When I find out who had their hands on James cloak this entire time, they will be sorry all the way to the next Yule and back".

Padfoot told as I sensed he's very angry so I grabbed his wrist in an attempt to calm him down.

"Paddy, don't worry, we will get our revenge on who had their hands on my biological dads cloak. For now we need to remove the charms so they won't affect anyone".

I told Padfoot as dad levitated the cloak on the ground and pointed the wand at the cloak.

"On it".

Dad casted a non verbal spell and all of the charms were gone, the cloak had no colors anymore, it was normal.

"Let's check for more presents, who knows there might be more charm laced ones".

After a few minutes, Padfoot and dad couldn't find anymore presents since they levitated all of the presents out of the tree. They sent all of the presents they declared to be safe in a pile.

"That should be all of it, go on Harper, it's safe to open them".

Dad told me as I nodded and went towards the huge pile. I saw my dad's present made for me so I picked up the present.

"Okay Sirius you owe me three Sickles".

"I was certain she was going to choose mine first".

I turned my head to see Padfoot handing over three Sickles to dad.

"You two were betting on what present I would open first?".

I asked as dad and Padfoot nodded.

"Yep, he bet a galleon for you choosing any other present but mine first. I bet three Sickles that you'd chose mine first and I won that bet".

I raised an eye brow but shrug notheless as I opened my gift. I see that John had given me a book, not just any book. It was a guide to care of magical creatures for experts but it looked old and withered.

"Harper I know you love magical creatures and I've had that since I started my career as a Magizoologist. It never failed me once".

I had a wide smile on my face as I stood up and gave dad a hug, he pat my head as he wrapped his arm around me.

"Thank you dad, I love it".

"Oh Harper, your going to love all of your gifts, especially Sirius's gift because I helped him pick it out".