Chapter 12 : Help

TW: Suicidal thoughts

Adoras POV:

I could have acted, could have grabbed her Arm or Hand or Wrist but by the time i was able to think clearly again i can only see Catra's Shadow disappear on the Street

"CATRA!!!!" i shout, no answer coming back to me

Why did she kiss me? What does that mean? Why did she apologize? Why didn't i stop her from leaving?....She's in danger alone. I wanted one answer and got a dozen more questions instead.

I run into my room, grab my phone and call everyone i can think of. Mom, Glimmer, Bow, Perfuma, DT and Scorpia (she had given me her number when she pulled me aside last time) and we all got to work, looking for her.

My mind is racing when i jump into my jeep, trying to figure out where she would go

"Catra...Catra would go where no one would find her. In the past, it would be the Attic or the Roof..but that's not helping me right now. I don't know where i should even begi...." It hit me as i talk to myself.

"High places.....The highest Place we have access to at our age would be School...right? ....no a Hotel she won't need money for that she can just pretend to have a Room there"

When i'm about to google the highest Hotel in the City, my Phone rings and i stop at the side to answer without bothering to look at the caller "Yeah?"

"Hotel Eternia, Roof access via Fire escape Ladder on the East side unwatched"

"What? who is thi..."

"Tell DT we are even" the call ended

"One of these Days i will need to ask DT what the hell they are" i think as i drive to the Hotel mentioned

Catras POV:

By the time i calm myself a bit, i'm already on the Roof of a Hotel i had seen before and my subconscious must have remembered it when i hit panic meltdown.

I kissed her....i let my stupid, worthless Heart make a decision for me that i didn't want to make and now i lost everything. I remember Adoras Face, her rigid Body, the hitch of her Breath, her sweet inviting smell, her Voice and i feel my Heart break

"Well at least i know how it feels to be rejected" i think, walking slowly to the Wire-mesh Fence that surrounded the Rooftop "Hurts more than i thought it would"

My Phone rings for the 50th time and i glance to see DT's name "Hmm that's a first" i answer because i figure they don't care enough to really do anything "Yeah?"

there is a long pause "Kitten....what are you doing?" in a tone of Voice that sounded nothing like them

"currently? contemplating....things" i say as i watch the Cars all the way down drive around. I guess that i'm about 250 ft away from the ground and i know i can jump the Fence with ease if i wanted to

another pause "Catra" DT called me by my name for the first time, ripping me out of said 'contemplation' "we all go through shit in life and we both know that we are on the side with a lot more Shit on it than what's 'normal' " they say, DT's Voice now without any dramatic flair or connotations. It feels Raw...like their real voice that hides nothing from me "If you really want to 'contemplate' to end it all, there are better ways and certainly better reasons for doing so....trust me, i know"

"So you telling me i don't have a reason? I just killed the ONLY relationship that ever meant anything to me, in a way i will never be able to fix....i just want this to stop...can you do that hmm? Emperor of awesome Double Trouble, knows it all, can do it all? Can you stop me from being in love with Adora?"