🕯Chapter 3🕯

As your lips parted from Diluc's you looked in his eyes; a smile appearing on your lips.

"Y/n," Diluc spoke "how would you like to visit my winery? Even if it's only for a while: i want to be able to see you with no concerns of being seen by others. The maids won't disturb us if i make up a little lie."

"i would love to, Diluc. what day are you thinking?" you said, honoured by the suggestion.

"If it's possible, you could come with me today, I can accompany you with the walk. only if you're able to, of course." He spoke.

"Oh, that's absolutely fine. You wouldn't mine helping me collect some flowers on the way so i can give them to flora as I promised I would this morning, would you?" you answered, reminding yourself of your missed commission this morning.

"I would not mind in the slightest." He answered, "shall we?" He moved to the door opening it and gesturing his arm out suggesting that you should leave first. You nodded and walked towards the door and out of it, Diluc closing the door and locking it behind himself.

The two of you went down the stairs and headed to the door of the tavern. "Charles." Diluc spoke out.

"Yes Master Diluc?" Charles, the bartender, replied

"Would you please clean the floors? Y/n here is feeling uneasy tonight, I'm sure you understand." Diluc said. He had lied, but of course, since he is the owner, Charles believed him and got out from behind the bar and grabbed the mop. "Of course, Master Diluc. I'll get right onto it. Have a good night, you too Y/n, I hope you feel better soon" He sympathised.

you acted unwell so that you wouldn't feel bad lying about something so simple, "Thank you Charles. have a nice night." you said with a forced smile look on your face. You felt bad lying, but if it was for Diluc, you would lie for the rest of your life if you had to. 

Exiting the tavern and heading out onto the streets of Mondstat, you headed toward Flora's shop. You knew she wouldn't be there as it was late, but Donna would be there, looking after her shop, making sure none of Flora's flowers are plucked and unpaid for.

For some reason, Diluc didn't seem too fond of Donna, and you never knew why.

Arriving at Flora's shop, you spoke out to Donna "Donna, its Y/n!" She looked over in your direction then noticing that Diluc was by your side, looking at a 'poster'. there was no poster. he was purely ignoring her presence, it felt a bit rude, but you continued as you approached closer to her

"Sorry I wasn't here this morning, I had to rush to work because my alarm went off late." you said "if it's alright, I could collect the flowers I was meant to now " you suggested.

"Sure! Miss Flora will be glad to see that you remembered" Donna responded, staring at Dliuc with a warm smile on her face. it made you frustrated that she was staring at the man you loved with those lovey-dovey eyes of hers, but you put it aside, nonetheless. you had work to do, and it wasn't for her so that was an upside.

'Actually, this must be why Diluc isn't so fond of Donna.' you thought to yourself. it made you feel warm inside that you knew Diluc didn't like anyone but you.

You walked back to Diluc, who was still looking at an imaginary poster, tapping his shoulder and telling him that they could go to collect the flowers. "Let's go" you said, and he nodded to suggest that he agreed.

You walked out of the gates of Mondstat with Diluc by your side, reluctant to hold his hand as there were people around, so you decided to hold his hand subtly when out of sight of people.

"We have to find 10 Windwheel Asters and Cecilias." You said to Diluc. you already knew where to find Windwheel Asters as they were very situated around the Windrise tree of Mondstat, but you didn't know exactly where to find Cala Lillys.

"Diluc?" you asked, moving your head to look at him. "Yes?" He answered. "Do you know where to find the Cecilias?" you questioned.

"Of course, I do" He said "I can lead you there after we get the Windwheel Asters as they are closer and more local to the city." He replied and slightly smiled at you.

you two continued to walk, eager to get this over with so that you could head to the Winery.