Chapter 30

Regina's Pov

Feeling someone tapping me, I pushed their hand away. Two minutes later, I felt someone shaking me.Opening my eyes, I saw that it was Max shaking me.

"Come on and wake up, we're here." Max said

Scratching my head, I got out of the car and closed the door. Seeing that everyone else was ahead of me, I jogged to the entrance.

"So where should we go first?" Roxy asked

Kim turned and looked Roxy up and down.

"You need new clothes. Sorry we forgot to take you shopping two days ago." Kim said

"It's fine all of us were tired then." Roxy said

The girls were chatting about what to buy, while me and Max were catching up about what we were doing.

"Max, why did you disappear for three years?" I asked

Max didn't answer immediately and was silent for a few minutes. By the time we reached the entrance door, he spoke.

"I had to go undercover to find out about 'that' place you and the rest were at when you guys were kids." Max said

Sorry Regina, but I can't tell you the entire truth yet.

Looking at Max, I knew he wasn't telling me the whole truth, but I didn't push him for answers. For now at least.

"Ok, now let's go before Kim do some crazy shit with my kids." I said

Going into the mall to see tons of people going in and out of stores. I'm really not a people's person.

"Max, did you see which store they went in?" I asked

"No" Max said

"*Sigh*, Kim's going something crazy again." I said while pinching my nose bridge

Last time when we went to the mall, Kim put a lot of makeup on the kids and made them look like one of the old hags from one of my old schools.

"Let's go find them." Max said

I nodded

Walking deeper into the mall, we looked through the entrances of every store to see if they were there.

*30 minutes later*

"Where the fuck are they?" Max said, plopping down in a chair

After looking for thirty minutes, we decided to take a break and came to a cafe that was inside the mall.

"Let's rest for a bit and start back in a few. Do you want anything ?" I asked

"Get me lemonade and six glaze donuts." Max said

Walking over to the counter, I ordered  Max's lemonade and glaze donuts and me, two New York cheesecake donuts and a caramel ice coffee.

Scrolling through my phone while waiting for our orders, I heard horrible laughter that sounds more like squealing in the cafe.

Looking up from phone and looking towards the entrance to see the two bitchy brats and some of their friends.

"You got to be fucking kidding me." I mumbled under my breath

Not giving a damn, I looked back at my phone and ignored them.

Five minutes passed and our orders were ready. After paying the cashier, I grabbed our donuts and drinks and headed back to our table.