Introduction

Karna just hoped someday his younger brother would understand that some things aren't meant to be fixed.

***

Imagine there are two parallel universes.

The first one, which we know as normal. Kunti abandoned Karna, Karna is bound to Duryodhan and Karna and Arjun are sworn to kill each other...

"Neither can live while the other survives."

The second one, which we wish was normal. Kunti never abandoned her firstborn, and there were six Pandavas, not five.

Karna and Arjun from the second universe accidentally get a glimpse into the first one and are shattered by the discovery. Then Arjun decides that not in any universe can he let himself and his eldest brother, the dearest person to him in this world, look at each other through a haze of hatred.

Arjun disappears from the second universe while there are now two of them in the first. Karna goes looking for him and disappears, too, but he cannot find his anuj anywhere, not in either universe.

Then Arjun meets a stranger in the evil universe... Who wears a peacock feather on his head and plays a killing flute and who he is irrevocably drawn to. Who, he gets the feeling, knows he is not from this world.

Arjun is there to change the world; Karna simply to drag his brother back to their real world. Along the way, they are changed forever.

Some things aren't meant to be fixed.

A/N: Just 3 a.m. brainstorms