a small accident | elizabeth olsen

y/n's age: 11

Y/N'S POV:

It's a nice spring day. Lately, I've been trying to learn how to skateboard. It was my friend's idea and at first, I wasn't so encouraged to try, but to be honest, after 2 weeks or so I got into it. Now, I go out to skateboard more often then my friend herself!

I put on my jacket. I take my board and my small back pack in which I have my phone, bottle of water and few other things. After telling my mom where I'm going, I head to a little park, only few minutes away from my house.

I notice the ramp I've wanted to try out since I started skateboarding. I never allowed myself to try it out, because I had "too little experience" and I could get hurt. So what! I don't care! It's so exciting. Today, I need to try it out finally.

"Okay, y/n. You can do it" I motivate myself

I grab the board and walk with it to the top of the ramp.

I'm so ready! Besides, if something goes wrong, everybody makes mistakes, right?

"Three...two...one!" By the time I say number one, I'm already down.

It goes really well at the beginning. I'm kinda shocked to be honest. Few swings were harmless. But then I fall to the ground.

Trust my words. Hard.

"SHIT! OUCH" I scream out as I fall to the ground with a roll

I don't think I've broken anything, but everything hurts. Ouch, my ass.

Few tears roll down my cheeks as I lay on the ground. I look around, but there isn't anybody to help me. I try to get up, but I can't. I crawl to my backpack and take out my phone. I call my mom.

"Hi sweetie. What's up?" She answers the phone

"Momma. I'm at the park and I fell on the ground. I can't get up" I sniffle

"Oh baby. Wait right there. I'm coming" she says in a concerned tone and hangs up

After few minutes which felt like 5 seconds, my mom gets here. She runs up to me and kneels down. Mommy dries my tears with her thumb and tells me it's gonna be okay.

She checks if anything is broken, but fortunately it isn't.

"Okay, sweetheart. I'm picking you up now" she tells me and slowly picks me up. I hiss because of the pain.

She picks up the skate board and my backpack after. It doesn't take us a long time to get home. As we walk into the house, she sits me down on the couch.
I carefully take off my jacket and my shoes and mama helps me.

"Baby, show me what hurts" she asks kneeling in front of me

I point my hip, thigh and arm. We notice a small hole in my leggings and a small sore under the material. There's a little blood.

Mama tells me, we'll need to clean all of the sores so they don't get infected. She helps me with going to the bathroom. I sit down on the toilet seat.

"Is it gonna hurt, mommy?" I ask with a sad expression on my face 

"It's gonna sting just a little" she tells me and sends me a soft smile

She cleans my sores and I hiss a little. It really does sting.

"All done, my brave baby girl!" she cheers "The next time, you'll want to go to the park and skateboard, I'm coming with you" she says and kisses my noses making me giggle

"You're so cute" she exclaims kissing my noses few more times "Now, how about a hot chocolate and movie night? How does that sound, sweetie?"

"That sounds really, really good, mama"

We go into the living room and plop on the couch. I carefully cuddle into my mom's side, so I don't hurt my arm more. She holds me in her arms and kisses my forehead.

After some time, I start feeling a little tired. I feel my eyes slowly closing.

"I love you mama" I say with a small yawn

"And I love you, little baby" she answers and kisses my head

"I'm not a little baby!" I state frustrated

"You'll always be my little baby. Now go to sleep, you've had a long day"

I'm too tired to argue with her right now. I close my eyes and let myself drift off to sleep.