10

Harry expects Louis to leave but he doesn't. Harry hesitantly makes his way towards Louis, and to his surprise Louis greets him with a smile.

"How was your day, love?" Louis asks, as they start walking.

Harry feels ashamed for some reason, he feels a weight settling in his stomach he doesn't have it in himself to look at louis. One part of him feels ashamed for not defending louis, the other part of him thinks whatever they said wasn't wrong.

"It was okay." Harry replies.

"What do you want to have for dinner ? I was thinking,pizza maybe? Or should i make my spaghetti it's been a while !"

Harry loves the spaghetti louis makes, it reminds him of his mom's spaghetti. Harry wants to cry.

"I'd like spaghetti." Harry whispers softly.

"Okay." Louis says, and he rubs Harry's back gently, trying to comfort him.

Harry takes a deep breath, trying to feel okay about everything.

*****

After dinner harry lingers at the edge of their bed while louis is rummaging his cupboard for god knows what. Harry thinks maybe he should apologise, or they should at least talk about it. Because Harry knows Louis heard most of the things being said, he didn't think the way Louis was just ignoring the incident was the right way to go, or maybe it was ?

Before harry could utter some nonsense,  Louis broke the silence .

"Here, i was going to wait until your birthday l but i guess now is the right time to give this to you and tell you the truth." Louis says, handing harry three binded bundles of paper.

Harry looks at it, and the cover page reads

'Running Away'
Final Draft
By Louis Tomlinson

Harry's eyes widened, he looks at the next bundle ,

'Finding Home '
Final Draft
By Louis Tomlinson

And then the next

'The Answer is Within'
Final Draft
By Louis Tomlinson

"I-I mean-what," Harry stutters, "what is this?"

"I didn't waste away my youth because some douche bag left me, i had multiple offers from schools in london, and i am the actual author of Running Away. Stanley Morr is my ex boyfriend, who made a copy of my book, and published it under his name and disappeared. Thats 9 years of my life that youre holding in your hands, my life's work which i can't even call mine." Louis speaks.

"I know my reaction to it wasn't good, i should have been head strong and handled it better. But i taught in the town school because i needed time to complete my books. Thats all i ever wanted. I don't hate teaching there, i never did. But that wasn't my dream. The person who i trusted the most and saw my future with went behind my back and took credit for the books i wrote  and then disappeared. I was shattered and i was lost and i didn't want to live. The day you saved me from that man, i was hoping i would die."

Harry doesn't know what to say.

"Of course then you knocked sense into me. It's not easy waking up each day seeing people read the book i wrote and giving its credits to someone else. "

"Why—you can fight for it!" Harry almost shouts

"Do you think we have the money or had the money for me to hire a lawyer? And Stanley was the only person who knew about my book. I was hoping to show it to my family when i finally printed it."

Harry just feels sad and this point.

"I'm not saying all this to give you some excuse for my actions, I was wrong, what i did to you and my family was wrong. The worse part is i couldn't even figure out i was wrong on my own , i needed you to make me realise that i needed to stop being so shit to my own family and you. So yeah everyday is hard, and everyday sucks but i have to make it up to you guys for dealing with me so patiently and i will. And i also really really really like you, i love you okay? And i really want you to be happy, and i dont want you to think im some loser and i want to make you proud and not ashamed about the fact that you're my husband and that youre a part of my family and im working on it, okay? So just please—" louis doesn't stop rambling,

Harry smiles and moves towards him and places a gentle kiss on his lips.

When Harry pulls back louis is standing there with his eyes wide.

"I love you too. And you better keep your promise." Harry says, smiling cheekily

"Yes ofcourse."

"And im not ashamed of you or this family. Youre changing for the better and i have a family now who loves me and cares about me. Its like a dream."

Louis wants to cry, but for now he wraps his arms around Harry and takes a deep breath.

"Thank you, for everything." Louis says.

"Don't thank me yet, just wait until I'm a lawyer. "