2

Harry had always imagined his marriage to be something grand and pure. The man he would marry would be smiling, waiting for him at the alter, looking at him with so much love and adoration. Harry had imagined it to be bright, he'd imagined it to be the happiest day of his life.

What he got was something like this :
He'd gotten a drunkard for a husband. His husband was drunk as he stood at the altar, the only people around them were his husbands family and his father. The place was dimly lit. There was no reception, there was no food. His husband didn't even look at him.

His father had come up to him, told him he was getting married to Louis Tomlinson on the next Friday and then passed out.

Harry had initially thought it was joke but here he was, standing next to Louis Tomlinson who reeked of alcohol. Harry was only nineteen, he was so young and he was supposed to do great things. He was supposed to get a degree in psychology, get a professional job in London. His life wasn't supposed to be reduced to this. Harry couldn't leave his father, didn't have the heart to, and he also didn't want to get married to this man. He couldn't think of anything he could do.

What had Harry's life come up to? He looked up at the ceiling, his eyes closed, a tear escaping, is this what I deserve mother? He thought.

Harry knew this was how he was going to get married, his parent finding him a suitable bachelor and then eventually getting him married. That's what happened to every woman and man in this town. But parents didn't give  their children to drunkards. He'd never seen it happen. Until now that is. They hadn't even spoken before, how was Harry going to survive this? And the man was older than him. Harry could tell, maybe 25 ?

Harry had no option, he had said his vows too. The man—Louis—next to him had also said his 'I do'. Harry wondered how he did it with all that alcohol.

There was nothing else planned, Harry's father had left after he walked Harry to the altar and it was taking everything in Harry to not cry. What was happening to his life?

A woman came up to him, a smile on her face, the first smiling face he'd seen, he tried to smile back but he really couldn't, he couldn't muster up the strength to do anything but cry.

"I'm Jay, I'm Louis' mother and I know all of this is sudden but I—we," she said, motioning to all the girls around her,"are so happy to have you in our family."

Harry wanted to scream, he wanted to rip his hair out and maybe just die already. But he nodded.

He looked at the small girls who looked at him with hope like he held the key to their favourite toy store.

"Welcome to the family Harry." One of them said, a toothy grin on her face, and she came forward to hug him, wrapping her hands around Harry's legs. Another girl identical to her came a hugged his other side.

Harry leaned down and hugged back, because it was the only comfort he'd gotten in years and he would take every last second of it.

Suddenly he heard something falling. He looked back to see Louis had flipped over a table and was glaring at it.

"Home! Take me back home!" He shouted, kicking another chair down. Harry winced.

He heard Jay sigh, "Harry why don't you and the girls go sit in the car, I'll get Louis."

Harry walked out with the girls, each of them introducing themselves to him.

It wasn't like Harry had any other option. And the girls were lovely. If nothing else, he could get lost in their innocent smiles.