3

Harry had reached the Tomlinson's house before Louis and Jay, he now understood why Jay had accepted Harry as her son in law. He felt a bit sad that his father didn't even think about his comfort when he sent him here. Harry looked at the house in front of him, made for four people to live in maximum. Then he looked at the four girls next to him, he remembered the two kids with Jay and Louis of course. Now Harry was an addition. No one got married here, Louis wasn't getting a job anytime soon, and no one wanted to live in a house this small.

"Welcome home Harry." Lottie says, coldly.

Harry frowns, what's her problem?

Harry walks into the house with the girls, the twins dragging him to give a house 'tour' but the tour ended within minutes. There wasn't much to see. A bedroom Harry and Louis would be sharing. Another bedroom the Jay and the younger twins and the older twins live in and the living room. Where two mattresses are laid down where Lottie and Felicite  slept and the small kitchen, cramped with a dinning table too small for all these people.

Harry bites his lips, taking in his surroundings.

Atleast the garden is good. He reasons.

However the place was, this was his home now. He had to get used to it.

He remembers his mother saying, that home doesn't necessarily have to be a place, it can be a person too.

He dismisses the thought.

"I think I'm going to go and lay down for a bit."  He says, giving the girls a smile he could muster and makes his way towards his and Louis' bedroom.

He opens the door and the room again reeks of alcohol. He was used to it by now, living with an alcoholic father. He used to puke his guts out once upon a time, now it just didn't affect him. He wondered when it stopped. He just walked in and laid down on the single bed, taking the left end. He thought of taking the bottles of beers and whiskey out but he was too tired and exhausted to move.

"I think I like him Lottie." Harry heard one of the twins?

"Yeah right." He years Lottie reply and frowns. What had he ever done for people to not like him? What had he ever done to deserve this? He just closed his eyes and darkness consume him for a little while then. Sleep was the better part of life nowadays.

****

Harry woke up with a start when he heard a loud crash. He looked up to see Louis at the bedroom door.

Louis frowned looking at Harry, then suddenly realisation dawned on him.
His face morphed into an angry one and Harry gulped.

"You ruined my life, Stanley! Look at what you've made me!" Louis shouted, smashing the bottle he had in his hand.

"My names Harry." Harry whispered.

Louis walked towards him and Harry pushed himself as far as he could. Louis stumbled towards him.

Harry looked at the scattered bruises across Louis' neck. He took a deep breath.

Your husband is just sleeping with other people. Totally okay.

"I hate you." Louis sneered in Harry's face, gripping his hair and pulling it harshly, Harry let out a yelp.

He pulled harder, Harry fell down the bed, Harry let the tears fall. Letting out a loud cry.

It's my first night with my husband. This wasn't supposed to be like this. Nothing was supposed to be like this.

Harry cried through the slap he received, his left cheek stinging.

Then Jay barged into the room, "Louis! What are you doing!" She said, pulling him away from Harry.

"He ruined me ma!" Louis whines.

"No he didn't, the only one ruining your life is you!" Jay says angrily, pulling louis and leaving hin on the other side of the bed.

He hears Louis whimper, but he doesn't do anything else, just turns and slumps on the bed and drifts off to sleep.

Harry sits there crying, cursing his life, for being born in such a town, in such an era.

Jay comes in front of him, "I'm so sorry about this, I..I never thought he'd do something like this. What was i thinking ruining your life, I'm sorry i just thought having a partner would help him. My son was never like this, I-I swear. He's a very nice boy," Jay says and Harry watches her face fall down. See's how tired she is.

"I'm okay, promise." Harry says, smiling.

Jay sighs, "No you are not, but I'll let you get some sleep while my son is. Goodnight Harry." Jay says, kissing his forehead. He felt like he was back home with his mother right then. He watches as Jay leaves. And thinks, he's got a family now.

Harry wipes his tears harshly and then gets up, kneeling in front of the broken pieces of glass, he picks them up slowly.

Whatever happens, always be kind.

Harry remembered his mother's word and sniffled. He was going to be okay.

Harry walked out of his bedroom, broken glass pieces in his hands as he made his way towards the dust bin. He slowly kept everything in trying to not make much noise.

When Harry made his way back to his room, he saw Lottie looking at him. He knew Fizzy was awake too, the arm tightening around Lottie was evidence enough.

Harry gave her a small smile, whatever that looked like and went back to his room, and curled up on his side.

He was going to be okay.