7

Louis doesn't leave the room for the next couple of days. He stays silent and eats the food Harry gives him. Harry sees as his fingers shake, he sees as Louis feels restless and annoyed. But louis doesn't remove it on Harry once.

Louis goes out sometimes and he doesn't come back until late. But Harry doesn't smell alcohol on him, but harry sees his dirty dust covered shirts in the laundry and harry wonders what he is up to but he doesn't question it.

Harry feels at peace when he feels the heat of Louis' body next to him in bed and he smiles to himself thinking it did get better.

Its not like Louis turns into a sane person immediately, he does lose it sometimes and throws things and pulls at his hair in frustration. And he breaks things but before Harry can pick it up or make things right, Louis does it. And Harry knows he is trying , and Harry sees who Louis is as a person then and he cannot help but start liking him.

Harry also finds what Louis has been upto when he finds cash on his bedside table in the morning while Louis doses off.

Louis hasn't interacted with his family yet, and when Harry sees the money every other day Harry thinks Louis is trying to make up for the time he has lost. Harry starts to feel butterflies in this stomach thinking about Louis coming back home. This, Harry thinks, is what i deserve.

***

* 7 months later*

"Harry, Haz, wake up you'll be late for work." Harry hears, he groans and opens his eyes to see Daisy.

He takes a look at the clock on his dresser, and gets up immediately, rushing to the bathroom.

"Why didn't anyone wake me up? How did I sleep in so late? Dammit."

"Louis said to let you sleep." Daisy says, from outside the washroom.

Harry quickly scrubs himself and stands under the shower.

Once he's out, he slips on his shirt and pants.

"What about your breakfast? Weren't you guys hungry?" Harry says, making his way towards the kitchen.

"But we already had breakfast, Louis made us pancakes after so long!" Daisy says, a grin on her face.

Harry turns and looks at her, frowning.

"Louis made you breakfast?" He asks, confused.

"Yeah! And he even ate with us and he said sorry too! It's all because of you Hazzy!" Daisy says, hugging his legs.

Harry didn't know what to say.

He looks at Lottie, who just shrugs, a smile on her face.

"Where is he now?" Harry asks.

"He didn't say anything, just he'll be back before dinner. He even said he'll make us his spaghetti. Can you believe that Phoebe? Louis makes the best spaghetti Harry! Did you know that?" Daisy rambles.

It's a lot to take in, Harry thinks.

"Cmon let's go before we're all late." Harry replies.

"Oh oh Louis made pancakes for you too see look!" Daisy says, shoving the plate of pancakes in his hand.

Harry looks down at the uneven pancakes.

He has them with a smile.

****

"Mr.Tomlinson!" Harry hears, when he's waiting for the girls outside their school, he had left the bakery early today, Barbara wanted to close it early,he turns around to see a man walking towards him. Harry was still getting used to the surname change.

"Yes?" Harry asks, stopping in front of the man.

"I'm Mr. Gold, the principle of the public high school, please give this letter to your husband. I mean I would wait until tomorrow but I want him to start as soon as he can! Louis was such a wonderful teacher! We're so happy he's coming back! It was a shame when he left, and it was a shame hearing about his addiction but we're all so happy he's better and joining again." Mr.Gold, says, rambling.

Harry wants to say, even I didn't know that. What is happening.

Instead Harry smiled, "I'm very happy too. So when is he starting?"

"Oh from tomorrow, like I said as soon as possible, there's no better drama teacher than Louis himself. We wouldn't want to waste any day." Mr.Gold replies, his grin wide.

"Oh I'm glad." Harry says, his smile still prominent.

"Have a nice day."

"You too."

Harry hoped Louis was learning to love himself.

****

When Harry and the girls come back home there's a cooked meal on the stove. But there's no Louis around.

"Where is Lou? He said he'll be home." Daisy says, looking around.

"He'll be home soon, lets go eat what your brother has cooked as of now." Harry says, patting her back.

"No I'm not going to eat without Louis." Daisy huffs, crossing her arms across her chest.

Harry sighs, god knows when Louis will be back.

"Daisy, we don't know when he'll be back. You haven't eaten all day, come on." Harry says.

"Louis promised he'll be here and Louis never breaks his promises. He will come." Daisy says and sits in the couch.

Harry bites his lip.

"I'll wait too!" Phoebe says, joining her sister on the couch.

Harry sighs and turns around to go in the kitchen and heat the food.

Suddenly he hears the door open, "Sorry I'm late!"

"Louis!" He hears the twins shout, he hears them running towards their brother.

Harry turns around to see Louis hugging both of his sisters and picking them up and walking over to the dining table.

Harry then brings over the food to the table and then the plates and the girls sit down.

"Mr.Gold gave this letter for you when I was waiting for the girls outside their school." Harry says, sliding the paper over to Louis.

"Oh, thank you." Louis says, not meeting his eyes.

Harry's a little disappointed but he lets it go.

"Guess who is going to have their brother at their school with them now." Louis says, grinning looking at the girls.

Harry loved his smile.

The twins squeak while Lottie and Fizzy groan and say how embarrassing it is to have their brother at their school.

"Oh come on I won't even be teaching you guys. And you're leaving school in two years Lots I don't know why you're complaining." Louis says, rolling his eyes.

Harry looks down at his food, trying hard not to think about himself. This wasn't about him.

He lets himself smile looking at the family. His family.

****