Kakariko

So apparently I'm not supposed to talk? That's a new one.

When I waltzed in Impa's house I think I almost killed the old lady: I said "Hello!" and she started wheezing and gurgling. Took me a while to figure out she was laughing her ass off, I had already bolted out to call for help.

She told me that I used to be a lot less "chatty" 100 years ago.

To prevent any seizure scares I have vowed to never speak aloud to someone who might have known me, or have known someone who knew me.
I would certainly have appreciated a warning from hobo-king. I have no clue who I used to be, and I already suck at roleplaying myself. Quite an ironic oxymoron if you think about it.

I've been staying at the village for a few days now. I strike out in the morning to clean out monster camps in the early morning and in the afternoon I loiter around the village.
I tell myself I need money for travel supplies, mostly armor and food, but that's not quite true.
It's just that since I awoke I've felt... empty. I imagine that's a side effect of having the whole of my life experiences wiped clean. Seeing people go about their day, helping them with their tasks... it makes me feel useful. Content.

I like playing with the kids, I like helping the people in the pumpkin fields, I like chatting up shop owners. Yet, the more I do, the more the enormity of the task before me starts to cement.

Diary, I do not remember any of the things I used to care about; nothing in my life that I am afraid to lose by dying.

But the folk around me are different. This whole place is so busy, so colorful; so alive. What would happen to it if Ganon returns? What will be of the pretty apple trees, what of Koko's kitchen, what of the painter and the guards?

I've been told I'm the only one that can defeat this evil and I am terrified that if I fail all this will be destroyed. Yet if I never try, it will be gone for sure.
Damned if I do and slightly more damned if I don't.

Let's hope I'm as good at swinging a sword as everyone thinks I am. When the dawn comes, I'll be off to Hateno.

Hyah!

Link