𝟎𝟎. 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

❝ɪ'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ʀᴜɴɴɪɴɢ ᴀᴡᴀʏ

❝ɪ'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ʀᴜɴɴɪɴɢ ᴀᴡᴀʏ. ɪ'ᴍ ᴍᴏᴠɪɴɢ ᴏɴ❞

- ɪʀᴠɪɴᴇ ᴡᴇʟsʜ

♕♕♕

Small towns. You either love them or hate them. Loving them however is hard when you are anything less than perfect. Everyone knows everyone. And everyone judges one another for things that they shouldn't even know about.

According to Adam, this intense and constant judgement is what broke him. He wasn't perfect unlike his younger siblings Lucas and Sue, no he was haunted by his own anger and resentment towards his surroundings, and as his anger grew, his ability to keep a hold of himself diminished, until finally the worst parts of him too over, and violence infiltrated his life.

It started out small, with petty arguments between him and his friends, but then arguments turned to fights - violent fights. Adam became dangerous to the people he had once called friends, so as they started to distance themselves from him, Adam began to find solace in sex, drugs and alcohol.

The only problem was that the drugs and alcohol only fueled the fire that was Adams anger, and soon that anger was concentrated towards the girls he invited into his bed.

In one short year Adams life became ruined. He blamed the society in which he grew up, he blamed the gossip and lies that spread throughout la push.

In desperate need of an out Adam got together with one of the pale faces, an unknowing girl from Forks by the name of Lisa Johnson. Now Lisa had her own problems, problems which blinded her to the fact that Adam was toxic and dangerous. At the age of only 18 Adam and Lisa got married, and moved away to Chicago to reunite with some of Lisas distant relatives. In order to create as much distance between himself and the people whom knew who he truly was, Adam took Lisas last name.

Their happiness however was short lived. Adam had hoped that by leaving la push behind, that meant leaving his anger behind, but unfortunately that wasn't the case. His anger ate away at him, and the only way for it to calm down to a state where he felt he could breathe again, was to hit something. Or better yet - someone. And so Lisa quickly realized just what kind of man it was that she had married, it was too late however. For her there was no out, sure she lived near to what had formerly been distant relatives, but she knew that to them their reputation was more important than her, that was just how it was in her family, and it was one of the reasons she had been in such a hurry to get out of Forks.

The issues that existed between Adam and Lisa seemed to grow more and more out of hand as the years went by, and they both got more and more addicted to the toxicity, until they turned 24 and they received joyous news that Lisa was pregnant with a girl. Both of the soon to be parents found peace in the news, and for a while their relationship turned stable. but nothing good lasts forever. Lisa had been doomed from the moment she met Adam, but the fact that she should die as a result of child birth seemed like another one of the universes cruel tricks.

Adam was left alone with a little baby girl named Enola after Lisas mom, and as he held the baby that in his mind killed his wife, he felt angrier than ever.