𝟎𝟒. 𝐄𝐧𝐨𝐥𝐚 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬

❝ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴍʏ sᴏᴜʟ sᴀᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ ᴋɪɴᴅ ᴏғ ᴡᴇɴᴛ, 'ᴏʜ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ, ɪ'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ'❞

- ɪᴏɴᴀ ᴍɪɴᴋ

♛♛♛

Monday had come around a lot faster than Enola would have liked. She had been so used to all her days being long and dreadful. She was used to working her ass off as many hours as her body could handle, and then fight to stay awake at night when she came home so that her head could get at least af few hours of quiet before she fell asleep completely exhausted. But now her days were filled with calm, and she no longer needed to fight off sleep because she didn't need the extra quiet, she had quiet through out the day when the Clearwater's were off to school and work. When the Clearwater's were home however there was a good amount of activity in the home, but it wasn't a hostile activity, it was the activity of a healthy family, and yes Leah and Seth did fight quite a bit, but Enola found it sort of endearing, especially because she could tell that when push came to shove, they would do anything for each other.

So how the hell she was already standing there in the Café bathroom in her new waitress uniform was simply beyond her, her nerves were through the roof and she kept fiddling with the end of her skirt. She was trying hard to control her breathing reminding herself to breathe in and out. in. and. out. 'There is nothing to be scared of' she told herself as she thought back to Sue telling her about how kind and patient Cora was, and when Enola met the woman just last week she had gotten a very good vibe off of her, so she knew that what Sue had said probably was true. 

Gathering all the bravery she could muster she left the bathroom, and went into the diner. The place was full of life, there were people laughing with their friends, families coming in for an early dinner, and a few people sitting by themselves hiding behind a computer screen, probably working or doing homework. Cora waved Enola over to her behind the counter, and the young girl put on her best smile before approaching.

"I'm glad to see the uniform fit," Cora stated with a smile, "it's perfect" Enola told her, and she meant it, the uniform was exactly her size, and the skirt had an appropriate length, which had been a big relief for Enola, whenever she went to a diner back in Chicago the waitresses had extremely short skirts on. Cora guided Enola around behind the counter showing her where the coffee was, and which one was decaf, she also showed her where she could get the other drinks that they offered in the café, and she gave Enola a notepad so that she could write down orders, and in the end she showed her how to send the orders to the kitchen correctly. 

Her first task that Cora gave her was to take orders by the counter. The ones that came to the counter mostly just ordered something to drink, or they were there to pick up pre-ordered take out. The people who were there to eat simply took a place at a table and Cora came and took their orders. Enola was grateful for the opportunity to start slow and not having to navigate walking around the place, she felt much more safe and comfortable behind the counter, it felt kind of like a shield for her, keeping people from coming too close.