Chapter 7: Hello...Aether

Grey

I found myself gasping for air as I woke up, hands and feet wailing around like a toddler.

"Ah it seems that you are awake, child" said a voice I slightly recognized.

Still laying down I turned my head towards it.

A woman wearing a bright red dress and sunny orange hair stood beside me, knitting.

I wanted to resist, stand up and defend myself. But my body wouldn't let me. It felt num and useless.

"I am sorry you had to go through that, however it was the only way." She continued.

"Was it you? Was it you who built this so called Relictombs."

"No, but I do live in it."

"Why" I croaked, forcing myself not to be overwhelmed by the pain.

"Because I am trapped in here by Agrona."

"Agrona the High Sovereign?" I asked

"Yes, and the one that forced your reincarnation."

My mind was brought to a halt.

"...what..."

"You do not need to know more then that. As long as you understand that your birth in this world was not an accident. As well as your death in the other. Everything is by the High Sovereigns will."

"Then...who are you."

"Ah, pardon my rudeness. My name is Biella, a phoenix."

"You mean one of those firebirds."

She let out a loose chuckle. "Yes one of those firebirds"

"But you still didn't tell me why you are here."

"And I won't, if I don't have to get you involved I don't want to. However I still need you to be prepared...just in case."

"In case for what."

"You will realize in time, child."

"Just know there is no good or evil in this world, or good and bad. Simply the victor." She continued.

"What do you mean?"

"Tell me..Grey. Who is it that decides what is good and what is evil?"

This stunned me for a second.

"People?" I answered confidently. "Because it is through people how children learn the black, white and grey areas about society."

"Correct, and who builds this so called...society."

I stayed quite, after all it was the same answer again...people.

"The victors." Biella said.

"The losers don't have a say in the world if they are dead or over shadowed by the winners. Only the winners can say what is right and wrong, even if they don't believe it in. The winners make the rules while the losers have to follow them."

I wanted to argue but it made sense. My mind was overflowing with common sense...but it seemed so...ancient. Way to wise for a person in there 30's to understand.

"So just know this Grey...it doesn't matter what you have to do to win. As long as you do win in the end. Betrayal, companions...friends. They all are just a means to an end. And the end is victory. Be the winner so you can write your own rules, be the light that fights against the darkness...or be the darkness that over takes the light. After all if you win, you get to decide which is the light."