Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8

{Isabel Wood}

"He is not using me!" I groan.

My brother sighs, "I know he is."

"It's our six-month anniversary tomorrow. I doubt he would go on for that long," I roll my eyes.

He hesitates before answering, "I guess. I'm just saying... something just doesn't feel right."

I nod, "I get that. You are mad at him and I am dating him so it's weird for you."

He shakes his head, "It's not that. I just have a feeling that something is going on."

"You have been saying that since I started dating him..." I slump in the car seat.

"I know! I just think he is using you to get to me," he repeats for the hundredth time.

"Well, it's working I see," I shrug.

I know he would never do that.

The car stops and I get out and head into the school.

My brother insisted on dropping me off today and now I know why.

I spot my boyfriend and walk over to him.

He sees me and smiles, opening his arms.

I happily step into them. He looks down at me, "Hey gorgeous."

"Hi," I mumble into his neck. "I missed you."

"I missed you too, Bell," he breathes.

He was gone the entire day yesterday so I didn't get to see him.

"I have a math test today," I pout.

His eyes shift to my lips and he leans down, capturing them in his.

"You'll do great. You did great in the practice test that I gave you last week," he assures, pulling away slightly.

"Hopefully," I sigh before closing the space between us once more.

One of his arms goes around my waist, pulling me closer while he rests his other hand on my cheek.

"Hey lovebirds!" I hear Cole greet.

Theo pulls away from me, sadly, and greets Cole back with a nod.

"Hey, Cole!" I grin.

He smirks, sending me a small wink but Theo flicks his forehead, "fuck off."

Cole lets out a hiss and mock glares at Theodore, who just rolls his eyes.

He turns to me, "baby, I have a game tomorrow. You're coming right?"

"Yup! I wouldn't miss it for anything," I assure, leaning up to peck his cheek.

He smiles down at me, "good."

I hear the bell ring and my eyes widen, "crap. I'll see you later, bye!"

I run to my class, not wanting to be late.

I have math first and Theo has been tutoring me for a while and I understand these lessons. I hope I do well.

I walk out of the school and instantly spot Theo so I walk over to him.

He is standing with a girl; I don't know who she is but she looks familiar.

She laughs at something he said and grazes her hand on his arm. What the-

I see him pull away and he looks around. His eyes land on me and he sighs.

"Hey babe," he greets, pulling me to him.