Chapter 51

As soon as the concert finishes, Namjoon grabs Jimin's hand and they head toward the banister to cross over and go back stage.

Jimin doesn't know what's wrong but Joon has been acting strange since before the concert started and he's a little freaked out. The concert was fun and Yoongi performed amazing but Jimin couldn't help feel nervous the whole time.

As soon as they were through the crowd and backstage, the couple went straight to Yoongi's dressing room where Namjoon deposited Jimin to wait for Yoongi.

"I need to find Jin. I'll be back. I'll let Yoongi know you're here if I see him."

"Is everything ok? You seem....anxious."

"It's fine. Just need to see him." Joon gave a small smile before leaving.

Jimin distracted himself by getting a snack and then going back to the dressing room. A couple minutes later, all three stormed into the room and closed the door.

Yoongi sat next to Jimin and continued drinking his water while wiping sweat from his face and neck.

"What's going on Jin?" He asked after taking a sip. "I haven't seen you this nervous since I told that homophobic interviewer to go fuck himself." Yoongi laughed a little but stopped when neither Joon or Jin joined.

"There are photos of you at The Eiffel Tower the other night. Posted online."

Jimin tensed and looked at Joon in shock. Yoongi didn't flinch but there was an obvious edge to his voice when he spoke next.

"What? How is that possible? You said they signed NDAs."

"I don't know. I haven't seen the pictures yet. Namjoon overheard girls in the audience talking about it. I have to assume it was fans who took them. The girls said you can't see your faces well so they were probably cell phone pictures. Not paparazzi."

Yoongi thought about it for a moment before responding. "If they can't see our faces, what are we freaking out about?"

"I'm not freaking out. I'm letting you know what's going on. You know how fans can be and they can dig and dig until the figure out who you're with in those pictures. It's just on a fan site right now apparently but if it makes bigger news, that's a lot of eyes."

"Ok so we act normal. Like we don't even know about the pictures. It'll blow over like nothing. I think it only becomes a big deal of we make it a big deal."

The three nodded in agreement. Jimin was too surprised to contribute much so he just sat quietly and absorbed the conversation.

"We will have to be a little more careful until they go back home tomorrow. Just to ensure there aren't any repeats. Jimin can ride back to the hotel with me and Namjoon. Yoongi, you go on your own and where fans can see you and take pictures. I guess out the front. I'll go make the arrangements."

Namjoon followed him out which left Yoongi and Jimin alone. Yoongi rubbed Jimin's leg reassuringly.

"Are you ok? You haven't said anything since I got in here."

"I think so. Just a little worried. Namjoon was acting weird the whole concert and now I know why. Is it a bigger issue than you're saying?"

Yoongi shook his head. "If your face can't be seen then the worst that can happen is that I get accused of being gay. No one will know it was you in the pictures."

"Yoonie Im not just worried about me. An idol being accused of dating and being gay might end your career."

"I won't hide who I am forever Jiminie. That's no life. I will either be accepted for who I am or not. But I won't sacrifice personal happiness for professional success."

Jimin nodded, knowing that Yoongi means every word. The thought of the chaos that would follow if he were found out is terrifying.

Jimin doesn't want to live through that. He doesn't want to be the reason that Yoongi loses his dream. What will happen to them if Yoongi sacrifices one for the other? Resentment. That's what.

A/N

Early update bc I will be travelling home tomorrow from visiting family for the holidays. 14 hour trip 😳

TY for reading 💜
Don't forget to add the book and follow me for updates if you're enjoying it