16: Scars

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"Hey. Open up."

"Come in." Midoriya replied, fishing around the contents of his belongings as the door of his guest bedroom opened soon after. Turning over his shoulder he found Miruko leaning against the frame of the door with arms and feet crossed, the absence of her bomber jacket showing off the curves of her toned body. "Oh Sensei, something up?"

"Nah, just came to check that you didn't die or anything while you were up here." She answered. "How you holding up after the old lady used her Quirk on you? You were screaming like a bitch during the process."

"I mean it hurts a lot when she uses it, the first time was after our workout and she helped repair the muscles in my leg to remove the soreness and pain. That was really cool. And now with this injury in my shoulder? It isn't exactly a tickle so yeah it hurt heh, but I'm better now I can deal with it more easily than before."

A basic blue shirt, matching shorts and new pair of underwear was what Midoriya pulled out from his suitcase before closing and zipping it shut. Clutching the clothes in his arm he stood to make for the bathroom but paused when he found Miruko glaring at him. Not the type of glaring where she was furious or angry with him, but more so like she had something to be suspicious about. Like she knew that he was hiding something. "Sensei?"

Miruko squinted at the student before she stood off of the door frame and entered the room, closing the door behind her with a light kick of her foot. She approached Midoriya with a type of silence that made him shudder at her first step and want to spontaneously combust by the time she stood in front of him. Despite her difference in height she was so imposing that she made the student look shorter than she was and that was not counting the ears. Her voice was quiet but wrathful.

"She told you something, didn't she?"

"U-Uhhh-"

"Don't fuck with me, Midoriya, there's a lot of things that I don't like in this world one of those being people knowing something they don't need to know. You're my student, I get that but just cause you're my student doesn't mean you have to know everything about me including my personal life and everything I've been through. I'm giving you this opportunity and this opportunity alone, to tell me if there is something that the old lady told you that I don't know about. Because if I find out that there is something and you didn't tell me? Ooooooooooh. I'm gonna make it hurt."

Midoriya gulped and even with that he struggled to do the simple action. Her presence was fierce and intimidating on a regular basis but to have her up close and personal like this was something on a totally different league. "What um, what uh w-what brings this up all of a sudden?"

"You're too nice to me, and I have reason to be suspicious about that. Ever since the workout you've been coming at me with all this nice guy bullcrap that's intended to make me feel like mush on the inside. You're a good person I know that much but the level of niceness that you've been putting out is throwing up all kinds of flags for me. This is because you were told something weren't you?"

"I don't think-"

"DON'T. Fuck. With me. If there is something that you have, SPILL IT."

"...no."

"No what."

"No there's nothing Mrs. Takahashi told me that I would bring up to your attention."

"Swear."

"I-" Miruko glared even further with enough pressure to practically make the student's heart explode. "I swear."

For a few moments after that the Rabbit stared at the boy with a look strong enough to make even the toughest of people crumble and weep like babies. He was barely holding on to his will, and the center of that will being the elderly lady which Kami forbid something happens to her if he spilled the truth. He doesn't take Miruko to be the kind of hothead that would beat up old people but she certainly is the kind that would give them an earful. Or several earfuls at that. If the neighbor was hard of hearing, by the time Miruko's finished with her? She would be done for.