6| Max

We were seven minutes before the game and everyone was doing their thing before we head out. After much pondering, I sent a simple text to Adams; Try not to be late, it's your first game. I had a feeling she might get cold feet which was why I sent the text.

The other day, when Remington asked me to drop him off at work, I had no idea I'd be seeing her there. She was still in her work clothes so it wouldn't take a genius to figure out she works there, and It wasn't hard to get Remi to find out her shift.

Coach had the same reaction as me when I got my test score; relief. Not that he's going to admit, but I know he wasn't keen on benching me.

"We're up." Coach said.

"Vipers on three." I said as the guys gathered around in a closed circle with arms around each other's neck.

"One, two, Vipers!!" They yelled in response and we head out. West-hill isn't a major competitor, but they've got some tricks up their sleeve. This could either be a cake walk, or turn out pretty bad.

The timer went off soon as we were done with introductions and they got the possession of the ball. Their small forward did a spin with the ball and took a shot but it didn't go through the loop. It wasn't too long before the ball landed with Ryan- our power forward.

Ryan passed the ball to me and I made a fake pass at their center before moving past him. I made it to the hoop, shooting a jumper and earning a three. The crowd went wild and I my signature victory dance.

We were in the lead by few points, that much I'm sure of. Being dyslexic means not being able to see the score clearly on the score board but I've learnt to depend on the commentators. At first it was hard, high school was the worst, with my renown still at the peak, it wasn't easy taking in all the pressure and stardom alongside having to listen while playing. I couldn't exactly reveal that I was dyslexic so there wasn't any excuse, but that's all in the past now. I'm used to it now, and everything comes naturally like a second nature. My ears already know to pick up the score immediately it's been announced.

My eyes scanned the crowd and I saw her. Sitting on the fourth row of the bleachers, she blended well with her choice of colour; burgundy. I winked at her before going back to the game.

Balls going through the loop, balls bouncing off the rim and we had five points over West hill. We had few seconds left in the game and Scott made a pass to me.

Five seconds left, I made a quick spin dribble and made a shoot. It swished perfectly through the net just as the buzzer went off; the buzzer beater shot.

Cheers erupted from everyone as we ended the game at 58-51. We had our team celebration before heading out of court. The guys made their way to the washroom, but I made my way to the stands instead.

"Adams,"

"Hi." If I thought she looked beautiful before now she looks absolutely breathtaking. She was wearing a big burgundy track-shirt with a mini skirt. I've never been concerned on how a lady looks but fuck she looks so pretty.

"Great game." She said.

"How was it, was it up to your standards?" I cocked a brow at her and she rolled her eyes in response. "No need to get cocky now."

She turned to her friends; one blonde, the other a brunette. "You both already know who he is so no need for the introduction. Max, this is Kaylee and Lola."

"Hi." They said in unison. "I'm a really big fan, do you mind if I get a picture?" The blonde said and I looked at Adams to ask if that way okay with her and she shrugged her shoulders.