The Room

A/N-> Idk why I said this story has 10 chapters when it has 8. I can't do the math, apparently.

--///--

Nedelja 10:27 (Sunday 10:27 am)

Opening her eyes to a Taylor Swift poster in front of the bisexual flag startles Wanda.

She grunts in pain, however, because the hangover bursts on her senses once she fully awakens. She realizes that she is in a messy and cozy room and that in addition to Taylor's poster, there are countless others filling the walls, along with pictures, a dozen books, and most importantly, a glass of water with aspirin on the side of her bed.

As the medicine takes effect, she realizes that she is not alone in the room.

You clearly did not sleep with her. The improvised bed on the floor says so. And you are right there, close enough to touch, sitting on a chair with your back to her, nodding your head gently - a clear enjoyment of the music you are listening to in the white headphones.

Wanda lies down and looks up at the ceiling of her room, trying not to panic.

She can do this. Think about last night. Nat's birthday? Check. Much more drinking than I should have done? Check. Moaning your name during almost-sex with Vision? Holy fuck...

"You're awake." Your voice brings her out of her reveries and Wanda sits up at once, almost on alert. You spun the chair you were sitting in to look at her, and in your lap was a school book. And on your face-"

"You wear glasses." She declares, and you frown confused as if you had forgotten about them for a second. Then you chuckle, adjusting the item on your face.

"Yeah, for reading." You say shrugging. "How's your head?"

"Sore." She replies still half abruptly. How dare you find a way to make yourself more attractive than before?

You chuckle again. "Well, that's what you get for getting drunk." You mutter, adjusting the book in hand. "If you want, we always have extra towels and brushes in the bathroom. You are welcome to use any. If you want to leave, just wait for me to finish this chapter and I'll drive you."

Wanda nods, and you offer her a small smile before turning the chair around again and going back to writing.

She decides on the first option and pushes the covers away to get up. When she realizes what she is wearing, she looks up at you.

"You showered me."

You chuckle, turning your face to her again. "You stayed in your underwear, don't worry."

She grimaces. "That's not very hygienic..."

"Well, you were too drunk." You justify. "No way I was going to get you naked. Plus, I needed a little help getting you up here. You made a bit of a fuss, you know. Miles, my neighbor, helped me bring you in, and I cleaned you up so you wouldn't sleep with vomit on you. It was my bed after all. I know it's not the ideal scenario, but you're whining about Sabbath and I got nervous-"

"Y/N." Wanda interrupts her babble. "I'm not mad. Thank you. For well, everything."

You sigh, looking away. " No worries, Maximoff. The toothbrush is in the bottom drawer. The bathroom is the first door on the right."

Wanda smiles in thanks, and you go back to studying. She runs her gaze briefly through your belongings before exiting into the hallway.

From the number of items around, it is clearly a shared apartment. But everything is very cozy, and Wanda doesn't miss Natalya's organization there.