Prologue

No one said that life was ever easy. It is a testing world for goodness sake. 

But yet life is just too cruel for this lonely scientist.

Dylan worked in a well known biotechnology company which he had worked very hard to get to where he is.

He is an orphan that never knew what love felt like. 

All he knew was the pain of constant neglect and verbal abuse from the bullies he grew up in his orphanage.

They made his life hell and set him up where he got in trouble that caused him to get kicked out.

 He was homeless at one point but was very lucky to be able to get into college. 

He saw that as a hope which made him study very hard.

Even with his hard work, no one acknowledged it. 

He only managed to get into this company because one of the scientists retired and the company was in search of a new one. 

Since they needed one quickly, and he was readily available, they decided to hire him.

He was a workaholic. He put in lots of blood, sweat and tears into all his projects. 

And because of him, the company received many recognitions and profited millions over the years he was there. 

Dylan wanted to show that he is worthy of something.

One morning, Dylan's direct manager, Timothy, instructed him to carry out a highly classified project. 

He is not allowed to speak about it to anyone. 

However, the project was rather biohazardous. Dylan wasn't too sure whether he wanted to carry out the project but since he needed his job, he had no choice but to accept. 

Since it's directly from the manager, he shouldn't think so much.

He proceeded with the project but it was rather difficult. In order to attain the items Timothy asked, he needed to get it from the black market. 

This was definitely not a legal thing and he wanted to back out in the midst of the project but since his manager had threatened him to call the police, he had no choice but to obey.

However, news leaked and the security did an investigation on Timothy's computer. 

He was about to get fired and arrested until he made some nonsensical reason and blamed it on Dylan.

"Fucking hell" Dylan hissed when his memories flooded into his mind.

Not only does he have the police chasing after him, he lost his job due to that prick!

How dare he! Dirtying Dylan's name when he almost saw the light. His life was almost starting to get better. 

And now, the only thing he can see in his life is pure darkness. 

This time, with no silver lining. There's no more hope.

Lonely, tired, neglected, abused and accused.

He wanted solace. He needed someone. He tried to get girls to be with him yet no girls wanted him. He craves a lady's touch. Even him being a scientist. 

That apparently doesn't matter to them. No matter what he did, nothing would change. It's as if destiny is trying to say that you are meant to suffer no matter how hard you try.

'You need to change from within. Start with yourself. It's guaranteed that if you put in effort to improve your life, it will definitely take its shape. You just need to grind for a little bit.'

He scoffed at the advice he read on the internet. 

Now, Dylan is mad. 

He finished the fifth bottle of hard liquor and threw the glass into the dark alleyway. 

He can't go home as the police are keeping a close eye on it. He is sitting down by the dumpster. A place people treated him like all his existence. A trash.

"That's it! Since no matter what I do my life will not change for the better, I'll make sure everyone on earth will feel my constant misery."

He got up to carry out his plan of destruction but tripped and fell on his face.

"Maybe tomorrow" he mumbled as he closed his eyes. "When I'm sober."

-----

Dylan gripped onto the biological weapon as his tears fell to his cheeks. 

Once the contents are out, the world would be no more.

"I didn't want to do this but this world had pushed me to become someone I truly don't want to be."

With that, he threw the glass vials into Timothy's office before he fled.

"Since there's no more hope for me, there's no point in even existing"

Dylan was convinced that the world would end and therefore, he jumped off from the building.

"I don't want to be in this cruel place anymore."