Chapter 4

Chapter XXVI: The Polaroid Mind, Part 1

         As they relax in the mall lounge, Asahi, having his earphones plugged into his ears, suddenly cries over something. Gin, who is right beside him, tries to comfort him. Kota, Enmei, and Tengen are distracted playing a multiplayer game. Eventually, Kota gets killed in the game so he rests his phone and looks to his left, seeing the situation. Having a strong feeling at that time, Asahi begins to leave. The gang persuades him not to leave but he ignores them.

"Is he usually like this? Are you used to seeing him like this?", asks Gin to Enmei, and Kota while Tengen also wonders. Kota answers,

"I've seen worse. Oh boy, if you were in my shoes, you might have nightmares about it or even vomited a million times. He is like a light switch that has a mind of its own: Sudden positive, sudden negative".

          After their class in school one day, Asahi and Kota goes to the literature club for their practice. Due to his introverted nature, Kota sticks with Asahi since he's not familiar with the other members although he knows the club organizer well. As Kota is about to tell him about games, he tries to get the club girls attention due to his openness towards people. At the end of the practice, he tells Kota that he will leave at 4:40pm. However, time passes by and he is still indulging time with the girls. Kota left at 5:00pm and Asahi haven't left school but is still with the girls.

          One day, their science teacher gave them a di-ad activity in which one group consists of two members. This activity is a vlog and it will let the students explain the concept of their own given topic. Kota's partner is Tengen while Gin's partner is Asahi in this activity. As soon at the teacher left the classroom, the four gathers to discuss about the vlog activity.

"I would suggest a joint activity. Hence, we could help each other and finish it in one day", says Tengen.

            Kota, Gin, and Asahi agree to this. Asahi makes their script discreetly but tells Gin that he already finished it. Since there is no class the next day, they are given the opportunity to shoot their vlog. Gin and Tengen arrive at Kota's house while Kota wonders where Asahi is. Upon arriving at family/drawing room, Gin tells them that Asahi haven't send him the script. Kota and Tengen prepare the tripod, the phone, and lighting to begin their shooting. As the video rolls, Gin's phone gets a notification from a shopping app. Tengen looks at him menacingly while Gin begins to run.

"I told you to turn your phone into silent mood!", he shouts at Gin while chasing him.

          After that, they shoot the vlog seriously. For a whole day, as they are shooting, they are also waiting for any update about Asahi but he hasn't notified Gin about anything, especially the script.

          In the afternoon, they go to a café. In that café, Asahi seems to be in the middle of a date. They try to sneak up on him but they get caught by him. As if like nothing important is about to happen that day, he greets them happily. Disappointed, Gin facepalms while walking away with them. They then go to a famous fast food chain to talk about this. Tengen suggest that Gin needs to report Asahi for not cooperating or contributing in the activity. Gin nods to this while Kota suggests to them that how about they try talking to Asahi in a sarcastic matter. Tengen tells him that sarcasm can be one option but it would be a waste of time for him realizing it. Akiko and Hanako arrives and ask them why they are there. They tell them about it and they got interested in the topic so they discussed the matter.