Chapter 18

Chapter XL: Filibuster

          Back in January, while Akiko was on Accord, she was talking to different people in the convo. One of them is IceBurgh, a fellow Accorder, gamer, and streamer from the land down under, Australia. Throughout many days, he and Akiko have been good friends, talking about games at one point, some to be caring, kind, and gentle. This feds up until it gets to the point that they found something within themselves the closeness towards each other. Although she doesn't know IceBurgh's true or real self behind the camera, she likes him. They would chat greets to each other like a good morning or even some that are quite very close.

          In the present, at the girls' hangout, they all talk about romantic books and the romanticism within them like if the viewers get appealed with the story.

"Hey, have you read Moonlight?" (Hanako)

"Not really. I haven't had a time to read books lately", (Akiko)

"Even manga?", (Hanako)

"Only if I'm interested to read it and still have time for it", (Akiko)

"Ohh, have you read that Soccer manga?" (Himari)

"Yeah, the latest chapter is skyrocketing the climax." (Hanako)

"I feel bad for the hot-headed guy though, he really went through many hardships." (Natsuki)

          As they talk about what happened in the manga, Akiko just plugs her earbuds into her ears and goes silent. On the other hand, IceBurg texts her. Akiko replies but at least, the girls didn't notice. They talk again about Vtubers as well as Streamers.

"You know, I think I'm in love with this Vtuber although sometimes he/she is really cold" (Akiko)

"Wait, you don't know if she's male or female," (Hanako)

"Bish, we all know that they may have a male voices but in real life, they're actually girls. Same goes with girls to boys." (Akiko)

"Have you found any of them really good though?" (Himari)

"Right back at ya, Bestie, they're kind and sometimes really nice to watch." (Akiko)

          They then go to the mall to look at some trends. Akiko gets a call that she needs to go home, so she waves goodbye to them. Meanwhile at the Chisai Residence, she and IceBurgh are on a voice call. They both talk about games and speaking of games, they play The Twins. With great tactic and cooperation, both of them does a great teamwork and to finish off their opponents. Since it is late at night, they need to call off.

          In his room, IceBurgh gets his jacket and glasses off. He turns off the light and as he checks Akiko's messages on Accord, he remarks on it.

"I guess you've already stepped on the tip of my trap. I need to ace up my sleeves until you're in my arms again Bwuahahaha"

          Turning to his face, the phone lit up his face and reveals that he is Homura Aizawa all along.

          Throughout his childhood, he has been a dark figure in their school. Having to meet Akiko, his life changed but however, his narcissistic side opens up with all the sweetness he does. One time, when he had the chance to say it to Akiko, the latter rejects him but he forces his way to kiss her on the lips, thus taking away her first kiss.

"Glad I tracked her down thanks to my pips. Even though she already has someone, let's see if you can take this. If only I know his Accord or YourBook name. Oh I know, let me see her friends"

          He goes to her profile and searches up her friends. He gets dumbfounded because she has so many friends in Accord. He doesn't remember her real name anymore but by her shy and reluctant attitude back then, he really got a mouse falling for a fake cheese.

"It's no use, only if I can get her YourBook account, that would be great. Lemme ask her if she can"

          When he looks at his convo with her, he realizes that she's not active at all because at that time, they are doing many requirements at school and she went to Kota's birthday.

"Alright, I'll try to ask her on another day"

          As she is active the night after that, she chats up IceBurgh. Getting into the conversation, he pops out his question. At this rate, Akiko is having trouble about giving her real name but since it's privacy, he rejects the offer. Though getting tired and impatient of waiting in getting her real name, he tries to text one of her friends. He doesn't even know about it and so the trial and error has begun. He finally reaches Asahi, and in exchange for her name, he'll give him a controller. Due to his changing personality and disorder, he tells him the name. He search it up quickly on YourBook, and he have found his rival.

"You're next, Kota Mizushiro! Bwuahahaha"

          Kota sneezes due to this but he doesn't know why although he concludes that it's probably the dust when he was cleaning his room.