Part 6

It has been a week since Y/ns fever started, and it's only gotten worse. She shivered ferociously, her body damp with sweat that made her feel even worse then the sickness already made her. The longer she was sick the more Victor refused to leave her side. When he wasnt working he was helping her threw her fever like hes had experienced this before. Y/n was very grateful, but wondered how a mutant who cant get sick knew how to nurse a fever.

Victor softly cleaned Y/ns sweaty face with a wash cloth, making her whine softly. "Ah, Vic, stop-" she groans, feeling too weak to pull his hand away.

  "Need to keep your temperature down, its getting dangerously high," Victor growls, gently pressing the cool rag to her face.

   "It not so bad- I think it's getting better-" her words where cut short by a violent cough, making Victor shake his head.

   "If this dosnt heal on it's own I'm talking you to the hospital." He grunts. Y/n's hand weakly grabbed Victirs hand, making him freeze.

     "P-please dont- they will tell them- i-i cant-" she groans out, "I'm ok I swear-" she trys to convince herself she was going to be okay, and that it will pass. But something made her worry.

Victor normally would find this pitiful. Normally Victor would have left her to suffer threw a fever by herself, but something drew him back, like a fish on a line he struggled to break free but the hook is far too deep.

    "You rather die? We have modern medicine, I intend to use it. Whoever your worried about I'll deal with it." Victor says, scooping Y/n up into his arms, making her gasp.

       "Victor what are you doing?" She coughs into her arm, the other gripping Victor tightly out of fear. His arms holding under her back and leg easily.

         "Taking you to get seen by a doctor, what else would I be doing?" He says, shifting her in his arms and he yanks the door open to leave her room. She grips the door frame in fear.

        "T-the doctor isn't gonna tell us anything we dont know!" She says, knowing that's a lie. Theres a lot of things she doesn't know about her health due to her parents. Shes never been to a hospital herself  before without her parents butting in and keeping everything a secret.

          "Then we'll be in and out before you know it." He says, looking at her with suspicion. He pulls her off the door frame and growls at her. "Quit wasting energy on fighting me."

  Y/n falls silent. Feeling uncomfortable under his gaze. She knew he ment well, but growling didnt help her uneasiness.

    "But the money for-"

    "Forget about money. I'll handle it." He says. Y/n squinted her eyes at him harshly, wondering why the hell hes sharing rent with her when he has enough to live very well off alone. But she didnt question him. She trusted him more then her family, but thats not much in the grand scheme of things.

  Victor takes her to the car, putting her into her seat before buckling her up making her huff.

    "I'm sick not injured-"

     He sends a glare her way, quickly making her freeze up and stop talking. He seemed extra on edge around you since she got sick. She cant tell if its worry or something else. He get into the car without talking, looking like he was on a mission as he put the keys in the engine and set out the driveway.

     "Please drive slowly or I'm gonna barf-!" She groan, gripping her stomach not being able to handle the speed of the sports car.

       "Dont you dare." He warns, quickly slowly down. She sighs softly, slinking down feeling fatigue take her. Victor watches in scilence. She stirs, feeling hot in the car you tug at your jacket, but Victor quickly cracks the window, letting cool air hit her face. "Thank you." She say softly. She assume he cant hear her, but relize with that the knowing smirk on his face that he herd her loud and clear.