Part 3

I finish my pudding cup after taking down the dry horse pill. I hate taking these pills, ever since I was little I knew it wasn't normal. The pills made me dizzy and sleep longer than most. She was homeschooled by her parents by a select few tutors, she was lucky they didn't teach me themselves. 

   Victor was out working, whatever that was. I tried to ask, but he just ignored my question. I twisted the cap back on the yellow bottle, the sticker was scratched off like always. I groan, I just want to toss them in the trash. But I don't want to deal with the repercussions. I also kept the pills a secret from Victor. Knowing him, he'd call me an idiot for taking pills with no label. 

    I yawn, I was always surprised how fast the pills kicked in. Whatever they did. Maybe there just heavy-duty sleeping pills? I flop down on the leather couch, the cool surface quickly turned warm pressed agents me. I shuffle and lay them back on my head on the armrest. 

My eyes adjusted to the night, not that I need it. I could smell that coward right away. His fear clouded my senses. My mouth watered for the hunt. My claws dug into the damp soil, his boot tracks stuck out like a sore thumb. I'll finish this job, deliver the body, and get my money. Then I can get back to her. The sweetest game.

"Hey, wake up."

"Nuh?" I groan. My body felt heavy and dull. My mouth felt dry and cracked. I stick out my tongue, trying to wet my lips as he forced me to sit up. I yawn and move my legs letting him drop down on the couch.

  "Why are you sleeping so much?" Victor pulled off his trench coat and tossed it onto the recliner. I stretch, cracking my joints. 

   "I don't know," I lie. I ran my hand through my bed hair, pulling apart small knots. "What time is it?" 

    "Late," He hummed. He sniffed the air. "Did you eat?"

    "Just a pudding cup why?" I ask confused. He scoffed. 

    "Pudding is not food," He stood up from the couch and walked to the kitchen. He opened the fridge and growled. 

     "Sence when did we have this much pudding?" he shut the fridge and prided open the freezer door. He pulled out a chunk of steak and dropped it on the cutting board. Victor cut the frozen meat with his claws, cutting it into small pieces. 

       "You better have cleaned under those claws," I yell out earning a scoff. 

        "Shut up," He grunted. I huffed but didn't push it. I flopped back down onto the couch. 

    "I'm going back to sleep," I yawn, sinking back into the leather couch. I heard another growl. A few days ago I would have felt threatened, even scared at the sound. But Victor explained everything to her, about mutants and his mutation. He was a feral, an animal like a mutant. He had claws and fangs, super hearing, and smell. He could chop off a finger and it'd grow back in a matter of seconds. He wanted to demonstrate but I quickly stopped him. He was reluctant to tell me about his long life, how he was born before both world wars. And how he fought in both. I was in complete awe by that, he was a war hero. When I called him that, he laughed.

"No, I'm no hero." He spoke, "I'm just an animal who wished he was human,"

I had no response for him. Victor smoothly changed the conversation and I didn't want to push him.

"How you want it cooked?" Victor spoke, breaking me out of my thoughts. "Don't you dare say cooked-"

"Cooked," I smiled, earning another glare from Victor. Victor's hair has grown down to his ears, but his mutton chops were still nicely cut, making the hair on his head look more like an organized mess. He clicked his tongue irritated.