Chapter : 1

Master of Legends (Chapter One)

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokemonand this story the credit goes to the owners.

In the small town of Pallet in the Kanto Region just sitting directly below the lab of the famous Professor Oak a young boy was awake in his bed looking into a book. The book was titled 'Pokemon Legends and Origins' it was a book that detailed all the known facts and myths about all the Legendary Pokemon of the world.

The young boy's name was Ashton Red Ketchum or Ash Ketchum for short. He was seven years old, had spiky black hair, brownish-red eyes and had a love for Pokemon that seemed completely unrivaled.

Yet despite his love for Pokemon Ash had an extreme love of the Legendary Pokemon; they sounded like the heroes that you would see in movies. Ash himself immersed his entire mind in the stories of the Legendary Pokemon and he knew almost as much as the experts did, based on the books he read.

Yet unlike the researchers Ash wasn't obsessed with them; sure he thought it would be amazing to meet a Legendary and completely awesome to catch one, but he knew they were called 'Legendary' for a reason. They don't just appear out of nowhere; the Legendary Pokemon stick to themselves and only on a rare occasion when a human gets incredibly lucky or the legendary slips up are they spotted.

Looking up from his book Ash saw his Mew Alarm Clock and saw it was close to midnight "I better go to bed" he said closing his book. Just as Ash was about to climb into bed a mysterious light shone through his window for a brief instant. Ash quickly got up and peered out his window to see some kind of light crash into the forest just across the fields.

Looking out at the sight Ash stared for a moment before he quickly opened up his window; he climbed out the window, landing quietly on the roof he scrambled to the drain pipe and slid down. He was always good at climbing; so much so his mother sometimes called him a human Aipom. Speaking of his mom, he needed to move quietly or else he would be been spotted.

Once he got to the ground he ran past the other houses and across the plains running as fast as he could. He crossed the plains in a matter of two minutes and was making his way into the forests. It took him another minute or two until he got into a clearing.

When he got into a clearing he stared in absolute shock because he'd recognize what was resting comfortable on a tree trunk anywhere. Currently curled up nice and cutely was a small cat like Pokemon with short arms, large rabbit-like feet and a long tail with small pink fur on its body.

It was a Mew.

Ash stared in absolute shock and silence; he must be dreaming. How could a Mew of all things just be in Pallet Town like this? Ash slapped himself a few times to make sure he wasn't dreaming and when he still saw the Mew he knew that without a doubt he wasn't dreaming.

Now that he saw the Mew Ash didn't know what to do; he was now too excited to even have a chance at going to sleep and really wanted to get closer to Mew, but he also didn't want to scare the little cat-like Pokemon and make it run away.

As he was thinking on what to do he didn't notice that the little Mew was awake and was staring at Ash with curiosity. Then the New Species Pokemon floated up to Ash released a cute "Mew" to get his attention. So caught up in his thoughts Ash never saw Mew sneak up on him, but when he heard the call he jumped in surprise and landed on the ground. Mew giggled at Ash finding him funny.

Ash, now thoroughly embarrassed, got up rubbing the back of his head "Guess I got snuck up on" he said sheepishly with a laugh getting Mew to giggle as well. "Anyway I'm Ash, it's nice to meet you Mew" Ash said with a gentle smile.