Chapter 3

Master of Legends (Chapter 3)

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokemon.

The time of the Indigo Conference came very quickly and Ash had swept through the competition so easily; in fact it was so easy that he only had to use one Pokemon the whole time.

The Indigo Conference was unique among all Pokemon League Competitions because of its strict regulations on what defined a match and what defined a battle and their rules were very strict. They had conditions in their battles that would determine if a Pokemon lost. Those conditions were:

The trainer recalls the Pokemon.

The Pokemon is knocked out or too weak to battle.

The Pokemon falls asleep.

The Pokemon refuses to battle.

Since the Kanto region was where the first original 150 Pokemon were discovered by humans they were the first to set up an official Pokemon League Competition and these rules had been in play since its inauguration. It was why Kanto was unique among Pokemon League Competitions.

Anyway when Ash got to Indigo Plateau he qualified for the Pokemon Championship when he showed his eight badges. After that Ash would be set randomly on one of four fields; The Water Field, The Ice Field, The Grass Field and The Rock Field. The computer would randomly chose the field for him and then he would battle on the field with a randomly chosen person who also got selected for that field.

Ash ended up battling on the Water Field first and his opponent was a person named Mandi. Ash easily decimated his Exeggutor, Seadra and Golbat with his Dragonair and it earned him a victory.

His next opponent was a young boy named Cain on the Rock Field. Once more Ash defeated his three Pokemon, a Rhyhorn, an Onix and a Nidorino, with just his Dragonair.

His ice field battle through him for a look for a bit as his opponent, Pete Pebbleman, used a Jinx, a Cloyster and an Arcanine. The Arcanine on the Ice Field through him for a loop, but once more he didn't really have a problem as his Dragonair swept through them all taking only minimal damage.

His final opponent on the grass field was a female named Jeanette Fisher. She was pretty good as her Beedrill and Scyther actually did quite a bit of damage to his Dragonair with their Twin Needle and Double Team combo attack. Her final Pokemon surprised him; a Bellsprout. That confused him as Bellsprout was the first evolution in the Victreebel line. Despite Bellsprout's amazing strength Dragonair defeated it with a dragon rush and dragon pulse combo attack earning Ash the victory on all four fields and his spot in the Victory Tournament.

After Ash had won his four rounds he congratulated Dragonair on all of her wins; he was so very proud of her. Ash had kept using Dragonair because she was the most experienced of all of his Pseudo-Legendary Pokemon. He was going to wait and use Metang and Bagon didn't want to battle until it reached its final form. Ash wasn't going to use any of his Legendary Pokemon until he passed the first round of the Victory Tournament where there would be six on six battles.

A couple days later and the matching for the Victory Tournament began. It involved all the competitors fishing out a Magikarp from a pool that had a number on it. Then the trainer's profile would be placed in the empty slot.

Ash fished out his own Magikarp and its numbers were "A-3." When he got his number he looked up and saw he was in the first half of the tournament, the fourth match to be precise, and his opponent was a boy named Ritchie from Frodomar City.

Ash had met Ritchie previously after his Fourth Match when foiling some thieves who tried to steal all of the Pokeballs from the competing trainers. The two of them hit it off rather well and when they saw that they would be battling together they promised to make it a glorious one.