Chapter 7

Master of Legends (Chapter Seven)

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokemon.

Three more years of solid training had passed and now it was time; Ash had called Mr. Goodshow and made an appointment with him so all of them could go in and speak to him. The week before they were to meet Ash got the itch and set out with Mew.

Riding atop his Latios, Ash followed Mew for about an hour until they came across a massive rainbow in the sky. It was there they saw a massive bird that looked a bit like a phoenix with multi-colored wings. A rainbow seemed to flow from the wings every time the Pokemon flapped.

Ash stared in awe at the majestic Pokemon before scanning it. "Ho-Oh, the Rainbow Pokemon. Ho-Oh's feathers are in seven different colors. Legend says that anyone who sees a Ho-Oh is promised eternal happiness."

'Eternal happiness' Ash thought before Ho-Oh seemed to spot him. The Rainbow Pokemon widened its eyes before hastily flying towards him. "Get ready Latios, Mew" he said hastily. Both of them got ready with Mew ready to deflect any possible attacks and Latios ready to counterattack.

'Chosen One, is it you' Ho-Oh spoke in a female voice.

'Telepathy' Ash thought. He shouldn't be surprised, all Legendary Pokemon could speak Telepathy if they so wished to. It was more common in Psychic type though "Chosen One" Ash said confused. "What does that mean?"

Ho-Oh seemed surprised 'You don't know. I thought Mew or the others would've told you by now.' Ash looked at Mew only to see her giggle sheepishly. Looking to Latios, he saw the Eon Pokemon looking a little awkward. 'You both forgot didn't you' Ho-Oh spoke in a tone that sounded like a mother scolding a child.

Both of them looked embarrassed making Ho-Oh sigh. "Excuse me Ho-Oh, but could you please tell me what you mean by Chosen One" Ash asked.

'Ah, of course' Ho-Oh spoke in a rather flustered tone. Her flustered tone turned into a very serious tone. 'I'm sure you know of the legend of Arceus right?'

"Yes" Ash replied. "Arceus was born from an egg when the world was still in chaos. After the awakening Arceus' powers awoke and Arceus then made Time, Space, Matter and Antimatter and then created Dialga, Palkia and Giratina to guard them. After that Arceus created spirit and the Lake Guardians known as Mesprit, Azelf and Uxie with Mesprit embodying emotion, Azelf embodying willpower and Uxie embodying knowledge. After that Arceus fell into slumber."

Ho-Oh smiled 'You are very knowledgeable about our legends. That is indeed correct, but you must know that Arceus awakened seventeen years ago for one single purpose. To create his Chosen One.'

"There's that term again" Ash said. "What is 'Chosen One'? What does it mean?"

'The Chosen One speaks of a human born into this world' Ho-Oh began. 'The legend is that one human will be born into this world that will create an eternal balance between Human and Pokemon. He alone shall be known as the most powerful Pokemon Master in all of history surpassing all before him and none after him will be able to match him. The Chosen One alone has the power to tame the spirits of the Legendary Pokemon of this world and he alone is the only one who has the power to train them. That chosen one was born seventeen years ago from a human mother and the power of the God of Pokemon. It is you Ash? You are Arceus' Champion, the Chosen One.'

Ash was in shock. How could he not be? He was just told that he was going to be the one destined to create eternal balance between Pokemon and humans. Not only that, but the questions in his childhood suddenly made sense. Ash constantly asked his mother about his father, but each time she had said that he was a Pokemon trainer out on a journey. It was a lie; Arceus had used his own power to conceive Ash so Ash had no father, just his mother.