𝗘𝗬𝗘𝗦 𝗢𝗣𝗘𝗡

The huge decaying bird landed on the water and walked towards Agatha and Mia

"Run! Run! Mia! Agatha! Get out of there! Get up!" Professor Dovey shouted which were heard by the Everboys from a distance. Tedros looked closer with Evan, Jamie and CJ a few paces behind him.

The bird moved closer to Agatha. Mia used her body to get in between the bird and Agatha. She already failed to protect Gregor. She will not let anything happen to Agatha. Mia flashed her green eyes to scare the bird. But it looked at both of the curiously instead.

"Gregor?" Agatha whispered. "Hey Gregor."

"It's you. I'm so sorry for failing to save you." Mia whispered softly as Agatha and her moved closer to the bird.

"No, don't! Get back from it!" Professorr Dovey shouted.

"Gregor!" Agatha called. "Hey Gregor, I don't know if I can help you or not. But if I can, I will."

"I will do everything I can to help turn you back." Mia promised as Agatha and her raised their hands towards the bird as it moans softly.

"I've got you! Don't worry, Mia!" Tedros said as he ran towards the bird, making it snarl. Tedros took his sword out and threw it into the heart of the bird, killing it for good. Tedros picked his sword up and turned to Mia. "You okay?"

But instead of answering, Mia punched him straight to the face.

"What did you do? That was my friend!" Agatha cried.

"It was about to kill you and Mia! I've just save your life!" Tedros insisted.

"You pompous ass, you killed him!" Agatha screeched, pushing Tedros away from Mia.

"No!"

"No! Tedros was rescuing you!" Millicent insisted.

"Everyone, back to your dorms!" Professor Dovey ordered. "Classes are canceled for the rest of the day. The two of you come with me. Go! Go, go, go!"

Mia was silently looking at the dead bird while tears streamed down her face. Agatha fell onto her knees as she whispered, "Gregor, I'm so sorry." 

Professor Dovey tried to console Agatha first. "Agatha--" but the said girl pushed her away.

"Stop! That's what you call Good? Destroying someone kind because they can't live up to your impossible expectations? What exactly is good about that?"

"Agatha, everyone has a role to play here. In time, you will understand." Professor Dovey said as gentle as she can. 

"No, I won't. I told you, I don't belong here."

"But what about their own happy ending? They don't get to have a book written about the, fine. But some stories weren't told and most of those are either happier or sadder than the ones that we know. They could've had their own happy endings but at least they could live their lives as their own. Just because there are protagonist in a story doesn't mean you can use other people as tools for them. It's not right. Its...cruel to force someone to be a mere bump in the road or a tree you'd pass by on a journey. Each and everyone have their own story to tell and their tales to live." Mia said with tears streaming down her eyes. "Your idea of being good is too specific, thus can easily be corrupted. And I saw, with my own eyes, how it destroyed someone innocent."