𝐳𝐞𝐫𝐨. new faces

CHAPTER ZERO — " i've never met a phantom before "

LILLITH SORIN WALKED down the hall of Nevermore, the voices in her head speaking to her and distracting her. The short girl was never one for peace and quiet, because she never got any with the voices, so she grew to enjoy noise. It washed out all of Lillith's thoughts and kept her calm, so for her twelfth birthday, her parents got her a phone and a pair of headphones. Since that day, Lillith hadn't gone anywhere without either of them, but today was different. Today, her headphones were dead so her thoughts ran wild as the voices got louder.

"Watch out!" Suddenly, a voice came from in front of her, Lillith's eyes widening as she used her powers to make herself intangible. The boy fell through her and onto the floor, making her cringe.

"Crap." The Sorin girl offered a hand to the boy, who quickly accepted it, letting the shorter girl pull him up to his feet.

"What are you doing in the middle of the hallway?" The girl scoffed, shaking her head at the boy in front of her who was wiping off his purple and black uniform with both hands.

"Walking, which is what you're supposed to do, by the way, in case you didn't know. Not sprinting like some psycho maniac yelling at people." The Thorpe boy with curly hair chuckled, nodding in agreement as Lillith looked up at him.

"I guess you're right. Sorry, about that by the way. I'm Xavier. Xavier Thorpe." Xavier held his hand out towards Lillith, the girl shaking his hand.

"Lillith Sorin, nice to meet you, Xavier Thorpe." The two teens let go of each others hands as the smile faded off of Xavier's face, the boy running a hand through his hair.

"That thing you did, you know, when I ran through you, I guess? What the hell was that?" The Sorin girl chuckled, the voices in her head getting quieter as they spoke. Xaviers voice and her own voice were the only things she was really able to hear.

"Intangibility. It's apart of my power. I'm a phantom." Xavier nodded his head in understanding, his brows still furrowed in shock.

"I've never met a phantom before."

"Well, now you have. What do you think?" Xavier shrugged, a smirk on his face as he looked at the girl.

"Well, what are the rest of your powers? You said that thing was only part of it." The boy shoved his hands into his pockets as the girl rolled her eyes, shaking her head with a smile.

"Are you always so nosey with people you just met?" Xavier shrugged his shoulders, his eyes taking in all of her soft facial features, noticing small things she did when she spoke. He noticed the way her nose crinkled when she chuckled, the faint freckles on her face, and the way the sides of he mouth curled up while she spoke. Xavier took notice of it all because he couldn't help it.

"Just the interesting ones." Lillith softly chuckled as she looked around the hallway, not seeing anyone around.

"I can only really show you one other power in here. So, instead I'm just going to tell you. I can fly, turn invisible, I can talk to dead people, and uhm... possess the living." The last part was barely coherent so Xavier's eyebrows raised in confusion, asking her what she had said. "I can, kind of, sort of, possess people, but don't worry, I've only tried it once. Hated it." Xavier's smile grew, his nose hardly crinkling, but Lillith still took notice, just like he did. The Sorin girl realized that the voices in her head were now completely gone, and she didnt have her music, just the sound of Xavier's voice, which frightened her.

"That's actually cool." Most people were afraid of the fact that the Sorin girl had the ability to manipulate and use whoever she wanted but Xavier thought she was fascinating. "I can really only bring my drawings to life. Really bad when I'm drawing and I can't control it." Lillith nodded, understanding the boy as the school bell rang, telling her she was about to get ambushed by a bunch of people. "That's my que. I'll see you around, Lillith."

"See you around, Xavier."