𝐭𝐰𝐨. nightmares

CHAPTER TWO — " welcome to the nightshade society "

LILLITH HATED a lot of things, the nightmares she had occasionally were one of them.

"Let us in! Let us in, Lilith!" The girl tossed and turned in her sleep, gasping for air as she fought off the voices in her head, but this time, they came with faces. She saw the people yelling at her, pleading for help, tears rolling down the sleeping girl's face.

"Lillith, hey, wake up." The Sorin girl felt her roommate, Milla, shake her out of her slumber, worried for her best friend. This wasn't an unusual thing, for Milla to wake up to Lillith having a bad dream. It was actually quite common for the two girls. "Lillith, it's okay. Just wake up." The girl gasped as she sat up in her bed, shaking as she tried to catch her breath, her hand coming up to wipe the tears from her eyes. "You alright?" Lilith softly nodded her head, running a hand through her hair as Milla sat on the edge of her friend's bed. "What was it this time?"

"It was dark. Like I was in a closed room, and there were people outside of the room. They were banging on the door, yelling at me to let them in. I was so scared. My heart was pounding and it felt like someone had their hand around my neck, like I was choking." Milla placed her hand over Lillith's assuring her that she was safe now.

"Maybe you should go see Kinbott. It's been a while." The Sorin girl nodded her head quietly, agreeing with the Ransom girl.

"Okay. Sorry, for waking you up." Milla shook her head, telling her not to apologize for it.

"Stop, that's what friends are for, Lilith. It's okay."

..........

"Lillith, I don't see the point of this. This statue has been here forever. It's not that cool." Luis, a boy Lillith and Milla had met in their first week at Nevermore, Milla, and Lillith stood in front of the Edgar Allen Poe statue with a flashlight in Milla's hand. Luis was a siren like Milla, who told Lillith almost as soon as they got to their shared room.

"I was here last week and saw this book that he was holding. My mother always used to talk about it. So I looked at it from the top and realized it was opened to a page. I solved the riddle and voila, it opened." Luis and Milla looked at each other in confusion as the girl next to them held her hand up, snapping twice. The statue began to move backwards, the two sirens' pale blue eyes widening.

"Woah."

"Welcome to the Nightshade Society." Luis and Milla grinned as Lillith led them into the secret room, down the stairs and into the library. The last members had left it clean, all the books in place but the room covered in cobwebs from sitting for so long.

"We should start holding meetings. I mean, what would we even talk about?" Lilith shrugged at Luis's question, not really knowing either.

"Whatever we want."

"Shouldn't we add more members? It can't just be the three of us, right?" Lilith nodded her head, asking if they had any ideas of who they should ask to join. "Bianca Barclay." Luis and Lillith looked at their friend, their eyes widening at how quickly she answered.

"Still got a crush on her, Mills? I thought you were over that when you realized she probably wasn't gay." Milla sighed, shrugging her shoulders.

"I'm in love, okay? I can't help it. She's just so pretty and every time I look at her, I feel like my heart is going to explode. She's just perfect." Lilith chuckled at her blonde best friend as Luis looked around. "Okay, how about Bianca, Devina, and Kent? All of t he Sirens." Luis nodded in agreement and so did Lillith, the girl thinking of other people to add.

"There's this girl in my class. Yoko. She's a fang, but she's super cool. Said she was a mixologist if that matters. Maybe, she could make a few drinks."

"Okay, that should be it and I have someone in mind but-" Before the girl could finish what she was going to say, Luis interrupted with another name.

"Don't forget Ajax. He can supply us." Lillith chuckled, pointing to the girl.

"Noted, don't forget the gorgon."