3. ( tour )

𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋

chapter 3

(  tour  )

"nevermore was founded in 1791 to educate people like us." enid informed the bored twins as they walked down the stairs of their new schools.

enid had ever so kindly helped the twins in finding their schedule and uniform but their uniform was different from everyone else. instead of the vibrant purple and black stripes, their's was a dark grey and black.

she was currently giving them a tour of the school, thursday was paying no mind, however. not wanting to listen to the cheery voice which was too high-pitched for his liking.

"outcasts, freaks, monsters, fill in your favourite marginalised group here."

"you can save the sanitised sales pitch. my brother and i don't plan on staying long." wednesday informed the girl as the trio stopped in their tracks.

"why not?" the short blonde-haired girl questioned, looking between the two twins curiously.

"it wasn't our idea to be here. but it is our idea to escape." thursday informed the girl who looked at him hesitantly.

"oh, look." thursday followed his sister's gaze, his eyes now landing on a picture which held a familiar face. "there's our mother smirking at us." she spoke.

"they've been planning on sending us here for years. the suspension was exactly what they needed to start their little plan." the boy said, looking at the blonde dead in the eye, his eyes not removing from hers which made her grow slightly uncomfortable.

it was a habit of his to not take his eyes off someone. he enjoyed seeing their discomfort appear as he stared at them, non-blinking as always.

"yes, it's all part of their nefarious, yet completely obvious plan." wednesday nodded in agreement, and enid quickly changed her gaze to look at wednesday although thursday had yet to remove his eyes from her face.

"what plan?" she asked with a grin, looking at wednesday in hope for an answer. "to turn us into a version of themselves."

"well in that case, perhaps you want to clear something up." enid changed the topic, her face now becoming awkward as she led them wherever it was they were heading.

"rumour's been swirling around that you killed a kid at your old school, and your parents pulled strings to get you off."

"actually it was two kids." wednesday told her, enid now slowing down her pace to look at her.

"but who's counting?" thursday finished as the twins now walked ahead, leaving behind enid in her sense of fright.

enid quickly caught up as they pushed through a set of doors to reveal a small outside area which was flooded with pupils.

"welcome to the quad."

"it's a pentagon." wednesday spoke, enid only rolled her eyes slightly as she now looked at the twins.

"the whole snarky goth girl and boy thing might have worked at normie school, but here things are different. let me give you a wiki on nevermore's social scene." enid told them, not giving them much choice as she began walking around.