11. ( beekeeper )

𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋

chapter 11

( beekeeper )

since the twins' chance of joining the choir had vanished, although they didn't have a very big one too big with, they carried on with finding an activity in which they could partake in.

their next stop was the archery club. as they approached it, they saw xavier standing there with a loaded bow and arrow as he shot at the target.

once it didn't land in the middle, lowered the bow as his eyes landed on the twins who stood side by side.

"huh. you actually showed up. ever shot a bow and arrow before?" he questioned, his eyes flickering between the twins.

"only on live targets." wendesday responded making xavier quickly raise his brows before looking at thursday. "what about you?"

"it was my favourite hobby as a kid. our dad would always take me out to the woods to practice on animals." thursday responded, xavier looked slightly alarmed as he grabbed another arrow with a sigh.

"square stance. load the arrow like this," he demonstrated, "yellow side out. three fingers. pull back and..." the long-haired boy shot the arrow, it landed on the target with a small thud but it didn't hit the centre. "let it fly. any questions?" he turned his head to the twins who didn't respond causing him to nod.

"of course not." xavier mumbled to himself as he held the bow out to thursday with a bored expression, "want to try?"

thursday didn't say anything but took the bow from his hand as the two swapped places. thursday grabbed an arrow, and the voice of wednesday filled his ears as she asked the thorpe boy a question.

"when was the last time you saw your roommate rowan?"

"you mean the one that was killed by a monster?" xavier asked, tilting his head slightly as thursday got into position. "the harvest festival. i haven't talked to him since. but his side of the room was all packed this morning. rowan's always been a little off, but, uh, the last couple weeks he's been more erratic. you know telekinesis can mess with your head, you know. he's...it started to freak me out."

no more words were said as thursday lifted up the loaded bow, he pulled back his hand before finally releasing it.

the three watched the arrow fly through the air with ease before finally landing on the small red dot right in the centre of the target.

thursday turned back to xavier who nodded his head as his eyes were glued to the arrow, "you're good."

"no, it's just easy." thursday said, holding out the bow for the boy to take who gladly took it before getting into position.

"so what's the deal with you and tyler?" xavier questioned wednesday, thursday quickly turned his head to his sister in slight confusion.
"what's he talking about?"

wednesday didn't respond, xavier released the arrow but no one paid attention to where it landed as they were busy staring at the girl. "i'm sorry, were you the only one who got to ask non-archery questions?"